Mobile DJ setup question: Resolume Arena 6 controlling Gigbar Flex?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
HouseNinjaMusic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Mobile DJ setup question: Resolume Arena 6 controlling Gigbar Flex?

Post by HouseNinjaMusic »

Hello, I'm working on a mobile DJ setup and could use some advice.

I currently have Ableton live 10 controlling Resolume Arena 6 using OSCI via a m4l patch. I'd like to have Resolume not only control a projector but also my 2x GigBARFlex lighting fixtures, but I'm not sure how to best connect them. https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/gigbar-flex/ Has anyone used Arena 6 to control GigBARFlex? Advice on DMX hardware to connect?

Alternately, I'm considering using MIDI clips in Ableton to control the lights directly using an ENTTEC DMXIS like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5oiPA6b-bY Resolume would then only control the projector.

My preference is to have Abelton control Resolume which in turn controls BOTH lights and projector which I think would keep things in sync better.

Thoughts or recommendations? Thanks!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Mobile DJ setup question: Resolume Arena 6 controlling Gigbar Flex?

Post by He2neg »

These DJ lights with a lot of effects and stuff are more difficult to be controled via DMX then just a color....

First you need the Fixture of the Lamp (how many dmx channels, what value is doing what, etc etc...)

Then you need to start thinking what do you want the thing to do and when... i think it would be useull for you have a dummy layer just for sending artnet orders and use some solid colors there (white = 255 / black = 0)

For Hardware you´ll need a Artnet - DMX device (i have one from entec)

Hope this will get you started and you will have some more questions later....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

GroovinDJ
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Mobile DJ setup question: Resolume Arena 6 controlling Gigbar Flex?

Post by GroovinDJ »

Take a look at SoundSwitch DMX software.