Resolume on Mac via Bootcamp

Bro, does your rig even lift?
boganrobotlightning
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume on Mac via Bootcamp

Post by boganrobotlightning »

Has anyone used Resolume on an Imac via the Bootcamp emulator?
Is there a better way of running Resolume on a Imac?
Am I an idiot for asking?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yes we heard some people had resolume running all smooth on the macBook pro, a friend of just got his this weekend so we,ll have some hands on experience later this week hopefully ... there was an issue with the TV-out not working in windows though i think ...

bart
Team Resolume

picture

Post by bart »

here is a picture of me operating resolume on a 1.83Mhz macBook pro and it runs very smooth! 3 layers 320x240 @ 60/70 fps.

we,ll hopefully do some more testing later this week to see if the dual monitor works ok.

[Edited on 24-4-2006 by bart]
Attachments
Resolume_macbook_600.jpg
Resolume_macbook_600.jpg (69.01 KiB) Viewed 18301 times

boganrobotlightning
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by boganrobotlightning »

Ended up buying a Centrino Duo laptop instead. There was a waiting list for to purchase new MacBooks, and I had a tight deadline to get ready for tour.
No probs yet.
I'm fully loving Resolume. The band are stoaked too.
Cheers.

stanleystark
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by stanleystark »

is it a driver problem with the MacBook?? I am thinking of getting one, but would not get it if it doesn run resolume well.

does it run better on a mac??

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Resolume runs perfect on the macbook pro!

The only problem with the macbook is that the s-video out does not really work. Dual monitor on the DVI/VGA port does work though.

more info in this thread on vjforums:
http://www.vjforums.com/showthread.php?t=16055

stanleystark

Post by stanleystark »

so it does work using dvi or vga.....???

stanleystark

Post by stanleystark »

what about the new macbook? anyone tried that?

DinkyToys
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by DinkyToys »

I buyed myself friday also an Macbook Pro. Hopefully someone is handy enough to alter the Radeon driver. So that you can force the DVI to TV out. It's an very fast machine :p and like the dualboot from BoothCamp :p

lotech

Post by lotech »

I'm going to put my new 17" through its tests tonight. And yes there is no current TV out option so a scan converter is the only way to go for now.
Interestingly when running a 20" Cinema display of my MacBook in windows I do get glitches on the (primary) laptop screen when just working in windows so I would say that the video drivers (as alot of other drivers in XP) need some serious bugs fixing.
For those of us with a MacBook I've been following/posting on http://forum.onmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29 forums and fixes to some of the current bugs in parts of BootCamp have been fixed, especially sleeping & sound.

Back to Resolume, ran some tests last night, crashed once randomly within a couple of minutes, but then restarted Resolume and seemed to then run fine for 30mins.
Had 3x 640x480 clips, 3x Main effects and no noticable lag - messing with FX knobs via midi was very responsive. Expect a post on the weekend on my live experiences - of course we'll be running a second machine as backup/support.

[Edited on 31-5-2006 by lotech]