Actual dream machine!! Unbelievable!

Bro, does your rig even lift?
LXConcepts
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Actual dream machine!! Unbelievable!

Post by LXConcepts »

pfelberg wrote:This post is from 2006.
What is the current dream machine to run Arena?
I read about guys running this:
PC - 2.9GHz Xenon Quad Core processor, 12GB Ram, 2xNVS 420 Quadro
plus hard drives, SSD, etc...
And using 7 projectors.

What could beat this?
What´s the use of all that GPU power if Arena will still use just one? Will Arena handle all that outputs plus fx at 30fps? Is this a stupid question? ; )
that system does not have nearly enough ram...and those video cards are pretty lacking. Look at the GTX series- resolume works well with any cards built for multi screen gaming. You'll be able to drive 7 projectors, but I don't think you'll get much resolution out of them before your frame rate goes in the gutter.

my systems:

3930K, 32gb ram, gtx 780, 1 TB SSD, 1 TB HDD, BM HD/SDI Input card, Win 7

I can run a 16,000 x 16,000 comp at ~60fps and less than 50% processor load. Mind you, I'm only running 4 layers of video without effects.
Lighting and media server design

produktionshuset
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by produktionshuset »

My current high end delivery and 3d rendering platform:

Intel i7 3770k, Asus maximus V, 4 Evga Titan cards, 32 gb of ram, and an array of 512 gb Samsung 840 series ssd disks.

BM intensity extreme (Thunderbolt), intous 5, Jazzmutant Lemur <- still love it after all theese years.

For smaller gigs or redundance i got a retrofitted MacPro 6core3,33ghz with 16 gb ram and 2*680 nvidia cards (extra powersupply/juicebox in the cd tray), intel 540 series SSD drives (i think thats their number) + Blackmagic intensity pro pci.

- for small venues - small events i use a MBP retina with matrox tripplehead, and the BM intensity extreme.

scottvjguy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by scottvjguy »

I am building a system right now for a permanent video mapping installation. Any advice would be appreciated.
The set up uses 10 projectors for a single 360 mapping composition and I would also like to be able to control the a 960 by 480 LED wall .
So I need 12 outputs including the GUI screen and would like to project at a composition size of 16,000 x 1200.

Can I do that with 3 GPU running 4 outputs each ?

Since I am only really going to take advantage of one GPU processor and resolume is a 32 bit program is it smart to use a system with less RAM and just one high end card while the other two gpu cards are cheaper models that still have four outputs ?

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I think your computer is going to choke when you try to do anything with a pixel width of 16,000 pixels.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

there was the idea somewere in this forum :
running multi gpu with multi resolume applications.

1 resolume per card...

but i dont think your 360° prjection will work then.

For this huge instlatiations you´ll need something more like a AV wings machine i guess
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

scottvjguy wrote:I am building a system right now for a permanent video mapping installation. Any advice would be appreciated.
The set up uses 10 projectors for a single 360 mapping composition and I would also like to be able to control the a 960 by 480 LED wall .
So I need 12 outputs including the GUI screen and would like to project at a composition size of 16,000 x 1200.

Can I do that with 3 GPU running 4 outputs each ?

Since I am only really going to take advantage of one GPU processor and resolume is a 32 bit program is it smart to use a system with less RAM and just one high end card while the other two gpu cards are cheaper models that still have four outputs ?
Get multiple servers synced by smpte.