kaoss pad 3 and Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
noelxmas
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

kaoss pad 3 and Resolume

Post by noelxmas »

hello, i am new to Resolume... was going to invest in a Newmark nuvj but then discovered you can control resolume with a MIDI controller.... i have a Kaoss pad 3 and thought it would be ideal

does anyone know how to firstly connect it up? do i use a midi to usb lead? (ie midi from kaoss pad and usb into computer?)

also... can you scratch with the X Y pad? whats the easiest way to set this up?

also... how many of the keypads and nobs can be assigned?

hope this makes sense... many many thanks :roll:

noelxmas

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: kaoss pad 3 and Resolume

Post by Danger »

Hi have also KP3 and already try i with resolume but i don't think is usable for mixing... for effects parameters maybe if you assign 2 parameters for x and y

Ikyut
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: kaoss pad 3 and Resolume

Post by Ikyut »

very nice stoty goftttor ... I have a kp3, and I uses it for music. but....

About the kp3, the most beautifull advantage of using it is tha you can use is like a midi clock... you put a micro on the kaoss, set the switsh to micro. and push the auto BPM... on resolume you have to set the beat per minute, to be controlled by the kaoss... and thats it..... (if you can conect some audio output from the dj mixer to the kaoss pad and set it to line is more acurate) if you dont have all this wires you can tap the BPM on the Kp and the resolume will follow every change....

If you want to, you can set some effects on the kaoss button, but the X Y axis is better to be controlled by the touchpad or the mouse in my opinion.

Another option that I uses is to set the kaoss on one of the filter to modified the audio input, when i syncronize the music with the clips... and the nice thing is that you can monitor the audio bars on the laptop screen...

Well about controlling resolume... the best way to control the Resolume 2 version, is for me the BCR 2000. cheap and useful.... there are some other options very expensive also....