APC 40 + Resolume?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
irlus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

APC 40 + Resolume?

Post by irlus »

APC 40 + Resolume?
Anyone think this could work well as a controller? I'm thinking about getting one and want to get some opinions? What's anyone got to say?

bart
Team Resolume

Re: APC 40 + Resolume?

Post by bart »

I think it would make a great controller, they say that it's all midi so it should work just fine.

irlus

Post by irlus »

I think I'm getting one. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

gdlt
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gdlt »

bart wrote:they say that it's all midi so it should work just fine.
how about the led feedback?

esaias

Post by esaias »

Hey bart! Contact Akai and talk about factory made Resolume templates etc.! It would be great to have the LED colour correspond to Resolume's status.

I'm so getting one of these :)

-Tomi

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

Anyone test this yet? what are you experiences. does LED feedback work?
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Mike at TrackTeam Audio has made a Monome emulator for the APC40 (http://www.trackteamaudio.com/#3), that is basically a MIDI to OpenSoundControl translator.

It supports full LED feedback on the buttons, and he is still working on LED feedback on the knobs.

Since he makes the full source (in Max/MSP) available, and since Resolume uses OpenSoundControl, it seems that it would be possible to set up a very flexible and powerful control mapping - better than attempting to MIDI learn the APC40's fixed MIDI setup.

However, since Resolume does not yet output MIDI or OSC, full two-way feedback might be tricky. (However, implementing OSC out from Res should be easy, right, Bart & Edwin?)

Space Blanket

Post by Space Blanket »

I've been using the AKAI APC-40 with Resolume Avenue for about a month on my residency at a Club on a Greek island and I can say this controller rocks !!! Resolume worked like a charm, not one single crash occured (even after the 3.1 update) and the APC was amazingly responsive and easy to set up...Would be nice to have had LED feedback.. Mapping the controller to Resolume was a piece of cake, and a tasty one as such.....

Full two-way feedback is definitely on the wish list, but even without it the amount of push buttons and knobs to assign are a very good reason for me to be using the AKAI APC-40.....At the minute I'm working on reassigning all parameters via Ableton Live...Since Ableton Live 8 fully supports the APC's out of the box, then further assigning parameters to Resolume via Ableton is the way to go about it...Plus you have Live to setup any timeline sequences or random midi triggered clips....Ableton and REsolume together is by far the best combination to DJ and VJ at the same time.....Endless possibilities....Imagination is now the only frontier !!!

New Resolume rocks by the way !!! Bart & Edwin.....Well DONE !!!!

chrismac

Post by chrismac »

ummmm.. help!

ive been using resolume at my club for the past 4 - 5 months and have recently purchased the akai apc 40 for use as a midi controller.. one problem.. resolume wont detect any signal when i go in to the midi patch.. yet on the mac midi setup program it show an input signal.. wtf?!