Long S-video cables...is there any danger of losing signal ?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
js morgan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Long S-video cables...is there any danger of losing signal ?

Post by js morgan »

Hi guys just a quick question I need to project to two screens one inside the venue and to one screen outside. Im gonna need cables for the inside about 25 feet which isn't so much a problem but the other cable needs to be over 100 feet away!! is there any danger of losing signal at this distance?? and if so what would be a good solution???? I will also be using a signal splitter to split the output s-video from the mixer and I think this may have a signal booster in it.

Any help appreciated :D

digital:snot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Long S-video cables...is there any danger of losing signal ?

Post by digital:snot »

you are on the right track... something as cheap as this would do the trick for 100ft svideo run:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2103065

as long as your splitter uses a power source, there is good chance it will amp the signal enough.

if you do this often, you way want to invest in something like this:
http://www.svideo.com/svideobalun1.html

js morgan

Post by js morgan »

Thanks mate thats great!!:) off to the site today to test a few things and will pass on the info!!

js morgan

Post by js morgan »

Ok we have ended up with a 110 metre composite cable for outside projector and a twenty five metre one for inside. These will run from the splitter and my vid mixer will plug into that using svid going to test next week so will post on how that goes.

we tested using the 110 metre cable just from my mixer output the other day and that seemed to work fine so I guess composite is the best way to go rather than svid on those distances.

Cheers James M