NanoKey and NanoKontrol work together?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
sineglutine
Is taking Resolume on a second date

NanoKey and NanoKontrol work together?

Post by sineglutine »

Hi!
I'm testing avenue3 before to buy it...I have a Nanokey, and it work very fine with avenue, but can I use nanokey and nano Kontrol together? can I attach together at my laptop?
Because I would like use the nanokey for the piano-control and the slide of the nanoKontrol for control the fade in-out and other things....

thanx

s ine

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: NanoKey and NanoKontrol work together?

Post by Joris »

Hi Sineglutine

Resolume will recognize different midi input signals and controllers. As long as your laptop has enough USB ports and can provide enough power, it will work. If you want to be absolutely sure, just take your rig to the store and try it out. Most music stores will gladly let you try stuff out first if there's some money to be made later.

Joris

jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jim »

the power thing can be critical, espeshually with these devices as usb powered only, I had a case where I was running NanoKontrol, a video capture device and midi usb dongle, and signal kept dropping in either one of the midi devices, I thought it was dodgie usb ports, or conflicts, I tried so many things to work it out. I was on tour with a band at the time so hard to try and get support and help. When back home I explained the problem and friend instantly told me to check power, brought $10 powered usb, problem solved.

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

What about NanoKontrol and one more NanoKontrol work together? Is it possible?

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by pleasuretek »

Godzil wrote:What about NanoKontrol and one more NanoKontrol work together? Is it possible?
as long as you have set the controllers up to send different messages (you don't want both kontrols sending CC23 over channel 1 or they would both affect the same parameter)
there is an application from Korg that allows you to program your controller messages
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

pleasuretek wrote:
Godzil wrote:What about NanoKontrol and one more NanoKontrol work together? Is it possible?
as long as you have set the controllers up to send different messages (you don't want both kontrols sending CC23 over channel 1 or they would both affect the same parameter)
there is an application from Korg that allows you to program your controller messages
But the korg app recognizes only one device when 2 controllers is connected.
How can i change that?