ipad2 or ipad1 ?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
megawattmedia
Is taking Resolume on a second date

ipad2 or ipad1 ?

Post by megawattmedia »

this is my next major vj purchase... heard there's something resolume related in the pipeline, is it better to wait for the ipad2 stocks? ? or pick up a cheaper ipad1 ?
what is the mystery news.....

pro.sec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: ipad2 or ipad1 ?

Post by pro.sec »

OSC via iPad are amazing and this is already a viable solution. I have very good experiences with the AKAI APC40. Right now I'm not certain that is a controller, the optical control needs and has no feel at all practicable?
realtimespacelab - the lab for realtime audio and video manipulation, sound synthesis and media programming

megawattmedia
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by megawattmedia »

thanks, but what i wanted to know is about the mystery resolume ipad release - is it some sort of controller ?
I think i'll probably go with the 32gb wifi ipad2 - just to be safe - there's meant to be stocks arriving in 7 days and im sure i can wait that long!
can't wait to find out what the resolume ipad mystery is.....when will it be released?...

pro.sec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by pro.sec »

It is already possible to control over Resolume over OSC. There are many applications that support the OSC on iPad 1/2, iPhone, iPod. My favorite is TouchOSC ->http://hexler.net/software/touchosc
Many things are in the pipeline and are available prior to publication...
http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8109
And of course - Resolume 4 with controller feedback. Everything will be fine! :D
realtimespacelab - the lab for realtime audio and video manipulation, sound synthesis and media programming