Dual Processor? PCI-X?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
djdiego71_

Post by djdiego71_ »

Need help about this issues:
Resolume take control of both processors in a dual mother?
My project is a cpu with 2 Opteron and 3 pci-x video card (all wiht tv out) + 1 agp (dual view for agp, to use the tv out too) for a Discotheque with 4 lines video output thru 8 projectors and the great resolume v2 sending the different signals. But can handled this system with all? HELP!! (sorry about my english, is very poor)

vjBrye_

Post by vjBrye_ »

I have a dual processor machine that can take pci-x and Im curious what pci-x video cards you are using?

I don't believe Resolume makes use of both processors. I would love it if it did. An idea I haven't tried yet would be to assign resolume to the second processor, thereby allowing all os operations to be performed on the 1st processor without interfearing with the performance of resolume. I wonder if there would be any noticeable difference....

lotech_

Post by lotech_ »

I think you're dreaming with a rig like this - Resolume is good at what it does but isn't designed to be modular and it has enough issues with dealing with 1 video card let alone 4 - if you need to do a setup like the one you say you will need to look for a custom solution.

stanleystark
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by stanleystark »

like i said before on another post. to handel multiple outputs i recomend multiple pcs. the ammount you will spend on the pci x cards and the double processors, you can spend on good one procesor systems with decent to cheap dual-head graphics