AverMedia Capture HD

Bro, does your rig even lift?
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: AverMedia Capture HD

Post by pfelberg »

Downtown wrote:...I know AverMedia stuff works ok with Resolume...
Never did!
Does it? Since when? What´s going on?

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

I have this capture card (CaptureHd 3D H727) and tested recently in Resolume. It is detected, it captures HDMI signal (if it is not hdcp protected), but resolution is limited to 720x480.

Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Downtown »

Joris wrote:
You have to set the resolution of the composition before adding it,
Is this on Resolume 6?
Yes.
pfelberg wrote:
Downtown wrote:...I know AverMedia stuff works ok with Resolume...
Never did!
Does it? Since when? What´s going on?
Since AVerMedia uses DirectShow, it works *ok.* Not great, but ok.
Warspite wrote:I have this capture card (CaptureHd 3D H727) and tested recently in Resolume. It is detected, it captures HDMI signal (if it is not hdcp protected), but resolution is limited to 720x480.
I'm having this problem now. Worked fine when I tested with my Windows laptop, installed it at the club, worked fine for the PC video DJ, then I plugged up a MacBook, and it's giving me HDCP hell. Only 2 resolutions supported are 720p and 1080i. I'm just gonna get an HDMI splitter/signal booster that strips HDCP and add it to the chain.

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

I used EDID emulator - it was was enough to toggle off hdcp.

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Downtown wrote: Since AVerMedia uses DirectShow, it works *ok.* Not great, but ok.
I own Avermedia Extreme Cap U3 for some years already. Resolume recognizes the source but no matter how I set the composition or how I config the device I can only capture 1/4 of the screen. Usually I just get an error message like input resolution is out of range. Extreme Cap U3 can capture Full HD at 60 fps.

Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Downtown »

Downtown wrote:I plugged up a MacBook, and it's giving me HDCP hell. Only 2 resolutions supported are 720p and 1080i. I'm just gonna get an HDMI splitter/signal booster that strips HDCP and add it to the chain.
Using an HDMI splitter did the trick just fine, everything works great now with the AverMedia PCIe.

Mjay
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Mjay »

mister mishka wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2016 22:07 I use Avermedia LGP and use a workaround using AmaRecTV software as a source in Resolume to display the live feed capture from my Avermedia device. You can download AmaRecTV for free here:

http://www.amarectv.com/english/amarectv_e.htm

It may be a little confusing given that it is Japanese, but it does work quite well (once you know how to set it up).
Greetings from 2020, can you please explain, how does your setup work? I have avermedia gl310, and neither resolume or amarec.tv recognise it. Amarec displays errors:
Attachments
errors.png