The freaky Midi / OSC-controller topic - searches&finds

Bro, does your rig even lift?
cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: The freaky Midi / OSC-controller topic - searches&finds

Post by cosmowe »

Hey Ranma13,
are you send by the gods? ;-)

Like Babcom mentioned before....sending OSC stings would be awesome!
Beside that keeping the functionality of changing pages and editing pictures and text in the buttons would make this gadget kind of like a holy grail in its product region.

If you need more input....just let us know. I really hope you add a DONATE Button after you managed that.

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

rolandg
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by rolandg »

Hi Guys,

Im kinda new in this whole VJ business, but since im getting more and more VJ's & artists who ask me to make some content for them (timecoded shows and such) and David (the guy behind the TCSupply, now ShowKontrol) im joining your party if you dont mind :P

So im seeing a lot of you walking around with akai apc40's and such, what made me think: Why is there no industry standard for VJ's? like the Grand MA's are there for the LJs? So with a little experience in product design and some more in cinema4D, i started making some concepts..

lets start a quest together in trying to achieve the perfect (read: industry standard) Controller for VJ's, anyone who wants to see or add things? let us know in the comments :)

for now: this is what i think
2x 13/15 inch monitors (1 capacitive touch, the other one for preview/tc)
12 faders (should feel like the DJM900 faders imo)
20 potmeters, 1 above each fader and 8 more for your own preferred setting
5x12 OLED-Display buttons, just like on the elgato streamdeck. with a little bit of programming, we should be able to load the previews of the first 12 videos on each layer, maybe you guys have a better idea for this? imo, i would use 4 of them for content and 1 of the 5 for effects.

some ideas:
- has to fit in our hand luggage (quite tough with 2x 15inch monitors, maybe make one without the monitors, just for on the road use)
- has space for a atx-sized motherboard + power supply so anybody can build what they want. like for instance, 4x gtx1080ti 8-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 15.11.22.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 15.33.36.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 22.41.56.png

k0mario
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by k0mario »

Ranma13 wrote: I've also written a Stream Deck API library, which can be found here:

https://github.com/danieltian/stream-deck-api

It's only to interface with the Stream Deck, but I can probably whip up a quick MIDI/OSC wrapper app. It would require that you have programming knowledge to use though.

I'm not a musician myself (I came across this thread searching for MIDI controllers to use with a flight sim), but if you tell me what you'd like the Stream Deck to show and which program I can test it with, I will see what I can do.
Hello, Ranma13. Would you be so kind to add MIDI CC control? Also do you have possibility to test it with Resolume 5?
It would be great to make it able to show cue points (q-y on keyboard) and choosable or at least random screenshot from assignable videos. I guess we can assign clips via MIDI this way. I wonder if Stream Deck is capable of playing video?
rolandg made a wonderful example of the device we need above. Though I'm looking for something similar in mobility to great KORG nanoKONTROL2.

P.S. No idea how to capture preview of each clip and transfer them to Stream Deck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

No new more MIDI controllers on the horizon? Feels like that the MIDI market is sitting still at the moment. :( Anybody found actually a "consumer" OSC-Controller?

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

Hey Daniel... oh there are some quite interesting new controllers.....I'm just a bit our of time.... :D

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

category "Weird but Neat"

the "Touch Innovations Kontrol Master" HOME

phpBB [video]

KONTROL CONFORTABLY

Hover. Control. Create. That’s the workflow the Kontrol Master brings to even your most complex software challenges. Simply hover over any parameter in your DAW or editing software, then control it with the high precision knob. Voila, you’re creating with ease. It’s the reason why everyone from Steve Aoki to the programmers at Blizzard Entertainment use the Kontrol Master to make their work easier.

KONTROL FOREVER (ALMOST)

A life expectancy of over 100,00 work hours. Sanwa arcade buttons tested for 10 million clicks. A body built from rugged, heavy-duty ABS plastic. Put simply, it’s a controller built to last. And last. And last.

KONTROL EFFICIENTLY

Multiple monitors add visibility, but all that space causes inefficiency. The Kontrol Master lets you have it both ways with a “frame relative” transport to quickly access additional monitors without dragging your mouse. This gives your wrist gets a break while you access all the apps and plugins you need, no matter how big your display.

KONTROL WITHOUT LIMITS

We believe creating should be as easy as possible, and no software should stand between you and your best work. The Kontrol Master was built from the ground up to be an intuitive link from your inspiration to your software, giving you the ultimate edge.

KONTROL NOW

Whether you’re a music producer, game designer, video editor, streamer, or just about anything else that involves extensive use of a mouse, the Kontrol Master is the precise, reliable, intuitive controller you’ve been looking for. If you live and breathe software, it’s the ultimate workflow hack.

Pricing $279.00

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

....a Chinese myth.... birds told me...it's still in development...but it will hit the market!

The VCM-4X #nohomepageyet

estimate price: 1,832 次

ehm....will buy! if...ehm....nevermind! :roll: ...just...need it!

cosmowe

Post by cosmowe »

NO COMMENT! :lol: :lol:

phpBB [video]

...oh my god....this might be soft warm crap! might!

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

A special spot for your mobile, just right for our generation. Still nothing that beats my mpd232 tho <3.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Daniel wrote:A special spot for your mobile, just right for our generation. Still nothing that beats my mpd232 tho <3.
Gotta have that mobile option, can't do a gig without playing "cwazy cupcakes" during some point in the show :lol: :lol: