matrox G450 ???

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Genoflex_

Post by Genoflex_ »

I plan to build a new machine from scratch to mix... wich one do you recommend : a GF2Mx or a Matrox G450 (or a GF3?) ? I heard that the matrox one is more stable and have the best video capabilities (output, control, etc...) ??
Is the video card or the CPU the most important?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Most importand is the videocard and the GF2Mx is much faster then the Matrox ... the gf3 is even faster but is very expensive and not dualhead so you need another pci videocard next to that expensive GF3 ...

Floris_

Post by Floris_ »

Ik heb zelf een Matrox dualhead.. werkt echter een beetje sloom met resolume...

Optie is...koop er een snelle kaart bij..
Maar omdat ik al het een en ander heb aangeschaft (unitor amt8 ! + korg 1220 io) heb ik geen geld meer..

Wat is nu de beste remedie om het beste uit resolume te halen met een G450 melennium dualhead ?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Please do your posting again in english Floris, so every one can understand and possibly help you ...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Use the zoom function of the G450 ... i just discovered it, and works fine under win2000 ... and it's fast!

Simon_

Post by Simon_ »

I've been using a G450 for live performances for a quite a while and have had no problems.

It is superior to the others as it can run at 2 different resolutions(and frequencies) to each monitor (or composite out)

Its 3D capabilities aren't the best but G550 has improved there and I haven't really seen anything that requires realtime 3d for VJing anyway.

Also theres a program DIVXG400 which improves sending video to the second monitor Check out:
http://www.tac.ee/~prr/videoutils/