Videocard choice

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
RNDLL_

Post by RNDLL_ »

Hi everyone,

I'm finally up to the point where the money is in to get an extra system which will double as a VJ kit.

I already got the idea that the Geforce 2 MX card would be okay for Resolume, does anyone know if the MX400 does better?

Most important though, if I want to use it with a video mixer, I'll need S-Video output. Which G-Force card will let me output the video full-screen (320x240 or more res) to the S-Video output while still having the interface on the VGA monitor?

Thanks

Rndll

RNDLL_

Post by RNDLL_ »

Oh I just read a remark about the Matrox G550, somewhere below. Any news on that? Will quality be seriously better?

Thanks.

Rndll

RNDLL_

Post by RNDLL_ »

And would for instance a GeForce2 Utra 64Mb allow me to work in higher resolutions? Or would there be no improvement over the MX?

Rndll

thomas_

Post by thomas_ »

i have tested the matrox G450 and the feature i liked was the scan converter (does the G2mx have that too ??? ) , the problem was that this s.c. doesnt use an overlay mode so that the picture was fast but youve seen all the pixels.
thomas

thomas_

Post by thomas_ »

.... and does anybody have experiences with the ATI Radeon VE Dual TV ????
thomas

ovaal_

Post by ovaal_ »

try the new ati radeon 7500...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Here is a preview article about the ATI RADEON 7500 http://www.digit-life.com/articles/radeon7500/

is it already for sale somewhere? i,ve not seen it in the Netherlands yet ... i,m curious to it's price ...

steve Holmes_

Post by steve Holmes_ »

What should you be looking for on a video card, is it open GL, Direct X.
I just want to look at what is available and know what resolume wants from the card allowing the guess work to be taken out of getting a card.
If it is hardware excelleration of direct X, wouldn't one of the games cards, designed for quake etc would be good.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yep resolume uses directX so any card that has hardwae support for directX is better ...

barry prendergast_

Post by barry prendergast_ »

Almost Everywhere I look for Graphix Cards ,,,, The Name that keeps cropping up is "NVIDIA Geforce II Pro" with as much ram as possible ,,, Its The Biz .... plus it supports multi screen output ..... its drivers aren't certified for certain programs like 3d studio max and the like but they do work ...... cant go wrong