Quality of QC inside Avenue

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
DEB
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Quality of QC inside Avenue

Post by DEB »

Hello all
Working on a new set, and just tried putting my QC compostion inside Resloume.

Everything works as it should, but I see a slight degrading of the image in Avenue, whereas the QC composition itself, if I run it alone, is nice and sharp. This is on my 2nd monitor.

I tried messing with the Composition settings to change the resolution, with somewhat Ok results---it seems I can get a sharper image but then the image is scaled down on my 2nd monitor. Scaling it up gives me kind of the same decrease in quality (I can't say for sure if it is better than any other method in Avenue, but I do know that I am not getting the same sharpness as the QC composition alone---lots of thin lines in this set!).

I am a bit of newb in all this so perhaps I should be tweaking resolution setting with my monitor, the QC patch and Avenue?

Using Avenue 3.2 and QC for 10.5.6.
Thanks in advance.
Deb

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Quality of QC inside Avenue

Post by Joris »

Hey Deb

The quality of anti-aliasing of fine line-work in QC depends on whether the patch is rendered at the resolution it is displayed at. The QC viewer does this automatically, but in Resolume, you'll have to match the composition settings, the clip settings (that can be found under the little cogwheel dropdown in the clip properties tab) and your beamer/2nd monitor settings to all have the same resolution.

Hope that makes sense.

Joris

DEB
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Quality of QC inside Avenue

Post by DEB »

Thank you Joris!
I'll look into that. I suspected that was the problem.
Cheers
deb