play next clip

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
megawattmedia
Is taking Resolume on a second date

play next clip

Post by megawattmedia »

would be really handy to be able to just play the next clip automatically in a layer, this isn't so much for live club events but for coperate events where say they want a series of short clips to be looped in sequence on the fly, being able to set an end action as well with perhaps a simple alpha fade would be great too, could work a little like this....see mock.......
Resolume avenue next step.jpg
Resolume avenue next step.jpg (149.9 KiB) Viewed 19863 times
But i am now getting into QC and am thinking perhaps there may be a composition that could be created that works a little like the dynamic QC gallery and just pulls in a series of video clips from a folder but not sure whether this can be done and you would also loose the control over sizing etc....

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: play next clip

Post by Joris »

We are working on clip sequencing for a future update. Thanks for the request.

vj granda
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by vj granda »

+ 1 here...

Sometimes I play in theatre acts, and that would be very usefull for me.

Thanks

And play next column, too...
Last edited by vj granda on Tue Oct 19, 2010 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

yugpmoc
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by yugpmoc »

bump !

Mulky

Post by Mulky »

+bump!

A simple 'next clip' button would essentially give Resolume a timeline, making it a serious contender for corporate event playback.

Adding an optional cross-dissolve as a transition "on next" would seal the deal.
anachphronism/neologasm.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

A simple 'next clip' button would essentially give Resolume a timeline, making it a serious contender for corporate event playback.

Adding an optional cross-dissolve as a transition "on next" would seal the deal.
Consider the deal sealed then ;)

Both of these functions are coming and they're going to be kickass!

megawattmedia

Post by megawattmedia »

great this will be so handy, there will be great audio-visual sequencing possibilities too, will you be able to manually enter the clip length for dynamic flash clips and QC compositions?
when will this up date be released? can't wait!

Joris

Post by Joris »

will you be able to manually enter the clip length for dynamic flash clips and QC compositions?
Dude, way ahead of you ;-) All that and more!
when will this up date be released?
We're as eager to get this out as you are, but I hope you understand that we can't commit to a release date for this, not at this moment or later. The best I can do for you, is that it's going to be a matter of months rather than weeks or days.

twitchdoktor

Post by twitchdoktor »

big ups! of all feature requests i have read about since i first demo'd avenue, this is maybe the most common, and certainly the one i've been hoping for the most. i know you guys have been considering implementing this one for a long time, and i'm glad to hear it is finally in the pipeline! keep up the good work res team, i always look forward to the next update!

dachhu

Post by dachhu »

first post

I created a quartz compositions based on sleepy toms osc sequencer, for using resolume in theatre style next clip.
you can cycle through the layers(i've set up 4) although this solos the layers, so no cross between.
everytime you switch to next layer it also resets to the first clip of the layer, so to work chronologically.
just open the patch enter your port and ip, make sure you have the window active over the application to work.
Up/down arrow keys control layer, left/right control clip direction.
Attachments
nextplease.zip
(12.15 KiB) Downloaded 903 times