ATI vs. MATROX

Bro, does your rig even lift?
battagliero_

Post by battagliero_ »

really like the matrox dualhead features..... because (acording to the webiste) you can conect two monitors at the same time, or a monitor and a tv , etc ,etc.... allowing you to extend your desktop into another screen.

i noticed that the ATI dual head features dont seem that good. it offers no zoom... and correct me if i'm wrong.... it seems to be able to conect either a VGA or DVI and a TV, but not able to conect 2 VGA... is this true????

wich should be the best choice fro resolume?

Ciao

SuperficiaL_

Post by SuperficiaL_ »

hi,

my choice would be (and was) MATROX...

good luck, SuperficiaL

ether_warpTV_

Post by ether_warpTV_ »

Hi

i have an ATI radeon 9200SE in my home PC and a Matrox g550 in my live PC, they both have excellent quality output, but i think the matrox has more features and is a little more flexible.
Also the matrox drivers seem to work with a little less problems.
My advice - go with Matrox.

Crackhead_

Post by Crackhead_ »

you can connect a normal VGA monitor to the DVI output using an adapter, which is mostly included. so you can also use the dual head function using two VGA monitors...

i have an ATI RADEON 9500 PRO and i am pretty satisfied with it.

greetings,
Crackhead

Elektron_

Post by Elektron_ »

You can use two vga output at the same time on ati cards,
but u will experience some disadvanteges of the dual monitor settings. I wander why such a great manufacturer didn't create some working driver:( I have sucked so much with the ati dual monitor settings, like crashes, etc...

But it needs the corect dirver I think.

mariuski_

Post by mariuski_ »

hello, I am almost ready to buy laptop ASUS with RADEON
card eaither Radeon 7500 or Radeon 9000. I have found
on ATI website both cards supports multi-monitor settings
however I would very much appreciate if someone with ASUS having either of the Radeon card could confirm the dual monitor funtion works fine.

I have tried setup multimonitor function on DELL Latitiude D600 with Radeon 9000 but I was not able to have different applications on the LCD laptop monitor and VGA external monitor at the same time...
DOES it mean that on LCD and external VGA monitor I must have same display and to see multi dispaly effect I must have connected projector or TV thru video output /s-video or chinch/ ?

t3rrorbit_

Post by t3rrorbit_ »

hello
ich have a radeon 9000 mobility with 64mb in my laptop and have no troubles with it, i can connect a second monitor to enlarge the desktop ore use it a cloned monitor or as dvd max screen, at the same time i can connect a tv screen and can even choose what to do with it, i can clone the first screen or make an enlargment or dvd max screen.

using the tv-out needed a bit of work because of this black borders, i had to install readeon tweaker and activated overscan, thats it

i like my radeon and have no problems, i am running my notebook at party for about 12 hours using resolume and a mp3 recordingsoftware, there were no crashs for about 20 acts

kyle_

Post by kyle_ »

if anyone is having problems with any ati card.. first go and download the new catalyst drivers.. they rock.. and goto driverheaven.net or .org and get the mobility fixer if you have a laptop...

carlos_

Post by carlos_ »

hey...i have ati 9600 allinwonder, an u can use two VGA monitors. it work so good....is true that the new cathalys drivers work better....
the only problem that i see, is that the expancif vga monitor is enable to reproduce any movie u see black. only the principal vga do it.

adios

WoOofer_

Post by WoOofer_ »

hi

i have a al in wonder 9600pro and i can't load the video input device... resolume just stall black in the input source...

someone know how to fix that? it's very bad and i need it so much..

tanx