Step Sequencer for Resolume Avenue and Arena 6 - Max patch

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pro.sec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Step Sequencer for Resolume Avenue - Max patch with OSC exte

Post by pro.sec »

Hi Gian!

:geek: I customise some and more features. And my question is
- why do you use the OpenSoundControl external?

Because the help function doesn't work in my env - Win7 pro 64Bit, Max 5.1.7?!
Is the external only an art of verifyer or debugger - it also works with the bypass?

Greetings... Sascha
realtimespacelab - the lab for realtime audio and video manipulation, sound synthesis and media programming

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Step Sequencer for Resolume Avenue - Max patch with OSC exte

Post by gpvillamil »

I use the OpenSoundControl external to support OSC bundles. If you turn off bundles in Resolume and in the patch, it should work without the external.
pro.sec wrote:Hi Gian!

:geek: I customise some and more features. And my question is
- why do you use the OpenSoundControl external?

Because the help function doesn't work in my env - Win7 pro 64Bit, Max 5.1.7?!
Is the external only an art of verifyer or debugger - it also works with the bypass?

Greetings... Sascha

leolodreamland
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Step Sequencer for Resolume Avenue - Max patch

Post by leolodreamland »

how easy would it be to convert this to max4live?

pro.sec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by pro.sec »

how easy would it be to convert this to max4live?
H! What do you want to do with the patch in Ableton Live? The easier way is, for example MIDI use. With MIDI you were also in the world of the DAW. The use of OSC in a patch brings new problems. Many APPs solve the problem with a small simultaneous running UDP/OSC server. So you can use MIDI I use MIDIYoke on Windows. Are available for the Mac is similar solutions - I think so?! :geek:

If you are looking for an example of a UDP patch, my patch M4L based on the sequencer example...
http://www.realtimespacelab.com/softwar ... ector.html
(on the top left is a english translation link)
realtimespacelab - the lab for realtime audio and video manipulation, sound synthesis and media programming

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

Very nice again, thanx :)

Some thoughts...

On your "To Do" list you mentioned this:
2) Independent timing for layers (ie. half, quarter and eighth beats)
And yes, that would be very nice...maybe my thinking is incorrect or this will cause problems, but how about creating a BPM check and control box for each independent layer while retaining the main BPM control for all layers? Having a check box enabled on layer/s would override the main BPM control while layers not enabled would default to the main BPM control. [edit]...what was I thinking...

Also, based on your other items in your "To Do" list, it almost seems like one could combine both CoPilot and Step Sequencer together at some later point as one Max pgm, eh? ;)

PS: While posting I just found out about your Multi-Clip Editor which I will try soon. Good job on learning Max quickly and for offering them to the community!
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Is there a way to set the beat interval?
I mean, in the way copilot does.

gpvillamil

Post by gpvillamil »

Updated to 2.0 which supports Resolume 6 (it doesn't work with previous versions)

As with my CoPilot patch, you may find this useful since you can switch off auto triggering behavior, unlike AutoPilot (am I missing something?).

There are some small feature updates, you can now randomize a pattern, shift it left or right, or reverse it.

The highlight is a nice blue-green instead of glaring red.

Now that it is working again, I might get back to updating other features. When Max 8 is out, I will use that to support MIDI mapping to controls.

Isse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Isse »

gpvillamil wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 21:13 Updated to 2.0 which supports Resolume 6 (it doesn't work with previous versions)
Hi there, first of thanks for this addition, really good job and really fun to use. I just downloaded this and installed max and all, everything works quite well except the bpm sync (atleast for me)

I'm a huge noob on computers and programming, I would likte to ask what does this mean?
"I think if you install Max but don't have a paid subscription, it acts as the runtime."

I have not yet paied for max, I dont know If I should buy a license or get a sub so that might solve what I experience. Anyways when I press the ON button on the sequenser it has the same bpm (if changed it changes in resolume) but I must tap "ON" on the right moment, it doesnt beat snap to resolumes "bpm clock"

Also I would like to wish everyone reading a happy ney year! :-)

gpvillamil

Post by gpvillamil »

Probably a bug on my end. It looks like I send a RESYNC command but never actually complete it.

The tap tempo button will also resync.

You don't need the paid version of Max.
Isse wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 18:45
gpvillamil wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 21:13 Updated to 2.0 which supports Resolume 6 (it doesn't work with previous versions)
Hi there, first of thanks for this addition, really good job and really fun to use. I just downloaded this and installed max and all, everything works quite well except the bpm sync (atleast for me)

I'm a huge noob on computers and programming, I would likte to ask what does this mean?
"I think if you install Max but don't have a paid subscription, it acts as the runtime."

I have not yet paied for max, I dont know If I should buy a license or get a sub so that might solve what I experience. Anyways when I press the ON button on the sequenser it has the same bpm (if changed it changes in resolume) but I must tap "ON" on the right moment, it doesnt beat snap to resolumes "bpm clock"

Also I would like to wish everyone reading a happy ney year! :-)

Isse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Isse »

gpvillamil wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 06:53 The tap tempo button will also resync.
For the moment yes, but if the tempo changes in resolume, the step sequencer is still left untouched, If I nudge the clip that goes unaffected in the sequencer (and copilot) so they drift away

If I manually change pbm in resolume from 128 to 130 the copilot and sequencer is left untouched :-/
Is this supposed to be like that?
I would need copilot and the sequencer to adjust and to have resolume bpm as master, how to make this irl?