Quartz Composer / midi / 32bit Mode

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
thermodynamik
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Quartz Composer / midi / 32bit Mode

Post by thermodynamik »

Hej Guys,
i am trying to get midi-input and qc to work - after googeling a while it seems to be a know problem if your machine is running qc in 64 bit mode -

funny thing is: if i click cmd+i in qc i dont have a box to check or unckeck the 32bit mode -
plus i cant find anything about this on google -

any ideas?

cheers,

td

thermodynamik

Re: Quartz Composer / midi / 32bit Mode

Post by thermodynamik »

btw . i am not running the whole system on 32 bit...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Thermodynamik

Maybe you could explain what you are trying to achieve with QC and Resolume, and where you are getting stuck?

Joris

thermodynamik

Post by thermodynamik »

hej - i got several elements with published input splitters - so i can use them in resolume.
since i`m using the qc files in several compositions i have to set the midi controls to trigger the input splitter every time manually new.

so i tried to set the midicontrols in qc - but theses seems to create problems if qc is running in the 64bit mode..

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

since i`m using the qc files in several compositions i have to set the midi controls to trigger the input splitter every time manually new.
I tend to run into this quite a bit, but I have my dashboard dials pre-mapped to my midi controller, so then I can drag the controls to the dials I want relatively quickly and without having to go into mapping mode again. If you really want to solve your midi/64 bit issue I reckon the QC developer list is the best place to ask.