Powerpoint and other problems

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
servant812
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Powerpoint and other problems

Post by servant812 »

Hi,
We use a large combination of stills and video loops,
But there is still a bunch of stuff we need to run in powerpoint.
PP is the easiest method of content creation for presentations and it would be much easier if we could just import them straight into resolume. then we could blend and overlay them onto our other clips.

We were just running PPT over the top of resolume before, but with the new version, resolume output always overrides all other programs so we have to disable output before using PPT or VLC for video clips.

Another problem im having is that many clips that i render in DXV for resolume end up not working properly. often they glitch and the audio can go out of sync. plus the video file size is over 800mb for a 3min vid instead of 60mb. Which is why we are still stuck using VLC for many of our video clips.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Powerpoint and other problems

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Save the Powerpoint as MOV or PNGs then drop into Res? Saving as a PDF works too, then export each page as a PNG.

3min 60mb file is most likely, 30fps with keyframe at every 15 frames (a new image every 1/2second), then the information between the frames is the video compressors best guess at movement between the keyframes. It draws

DXV saves every frame as a keyframe, so there is new image every 1/30th of a second

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

PP is the easiest method of content creation for presentations and it would be much easier if we could just import them straight into resolume. then we could blend and overlay them onto our other clips.
Although I shudder at the thought of PowerPoint presentations, we understand the need for supporting the format in many professional environments. As far as we know however, there is no way to access a .ppt file in anything else than MicroSoft PowerPoint itself. If you know of any software that can do this, feel free to let us know.
Another problem im having is that many clips that i render in DXV for resolume end up not working properly. often they glitch and the audio can go out of sync.
If you are experiencing trouble with particular files, please feel free to send them mail@resolume.com so we can take a look.

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by fruitygreen »

goto10 wrote: Although I shudder at the thought of PowerPoint presentations, we understand the need for supporting the format in many professional environments. As far as we know however, there is no way to access a .ppt file in anything else than MicroSoft PowerPoint itself. If you know of any software that can do this, feel free to let us know.
Easyworship has a ppt player built in. With an option to view clips via PowerPoint Viewer.
Easyworship even have a VJ mode.

Hahahaha!

I wish I was a programmer. I would build my perfect VJ app.

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

fruity thanks for the info, I have the need for PPT file playback on occasion.

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

Stickygreen wrote:fruity thanks for the info, I have the need for PPT file playback on occasion.
:D

kmifflin

Post by kmifflin »

I currently have 2 different solution to needing PowerPoint layered in Resolume.
The first is using a black magic design intensity pro card that has a hdmi input, and 2nd computer to run the PowerPoint. Adding the automask plugin with the slide that has a black background works pretty good.

The second option I use is to have an av company supply either a diventix2 or pulse switcher and pip in the PowerPoint from another source.

The reason I like to operate this way is that it allows the client to make changes in a environment that they know and keeps them away from the media server.

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

I have the need to run a PPT. Beside connecting an external PC via blackmagic. Is there any other way? Spout? Newtek I guess? Anyone can send me the post thread? I did not find it. Best, J.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

For PowerPoint presentation into Arena, I personally use vMix NDI Desktop Capture with an HDMI dummy plug so that I can use the Presenter mode.

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

Thank you, i love vMix. Can I ask why the HDMI dummy for presenter mode? Do you mean, in slideshow (ppt) you have primary and dummy HDMI, you pick that one so another person can run it from the pc?
In my case often they want a clicker so I would t need that, correct?
Thank you.