Arena permanent install, windows auto reboot script

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
karamasov
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Arena permanent install, windows auto reboot script

Post by karamasov »

Hi, gang!
I´m concidering Arena for a permanent install we´re doing. It will be on a windows machine, with spout inputs on several different layers.

Does anyone have a good tip as to how we can set up scripting to launch Arena on reboot, and trigger Column 1?

Also, if there are any windows tuning I should know of for permanent (Resolume) installs, I´m listening.
Mac literate, Win not so much.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Arena permanent install, windows auto reboot script

Post by Oaktown »

Set Arena to start on boot-up. To do so, open the "Run" dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R. Type “shell:startup” (without the quotes) which will open the startup folder. Then drop a shortcut to Arena into that folder and next time you boot up Windows it will open Arena. Here is a link to help you through the process if you need more info: http://www.howtogeek.com/208224/how-to- ... ndows-8.1/

Set all your layers to "Trigger first clip when composition has loaded. This option will trigger the first clip in any layer that has clips loaded so for instance if you have no clips in L2C1 but one in L2C2 you want to put a dummy clip so that Arena triggers L2C1 rather than L2C2.

I use the [Solid Color] source to make dummy clips by setting the alpha to 0.

As a side tip, if you set the saturation and brightness to 0 on the dummy clip as well you can use that same clip to fade things out below it by controlling the alpha from 0 to 100.

As far as tuning Windows for permanent installs, you want to make sure you limit what starts on boot-up and you can check that our in the task manager. You'll find that menu under your task manager [Startup] tab.

karamasov
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by karamasov »

Frédéric - again I learn so much from your posts!
Thanks so much for all the info, I can go forward with the install now.

People like you make this forum great, man. Hope you have a great holiday, and a smashing new year!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Thank you very much for your kind words and have a very exciting New Year as well!

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

Kicking this old script back into action.

We've installed Resolume as permanent installations before. Windows does a great job of starting the file but how do you get Advanced Output to turn on and clips to start? We used AUTO HOT KEY (AHK) to do this. It emulates mouse and keyboard strokes.

Is there anything better than AHK yet? It would be much better for all of this happen behind the scenes so no matter what a user might be touching or doing, the show will go on.

Found this exhaustive list but its all the same.
https://alternativeto.net/software/autohotkey/

I'd rather run a Touch Designer instance that can send UDP/TCP commands to control Resolume. I just don't know if that is possible.
Attachments
resolumeUSB_Capture.PNG
resolumeUSB_Capture.PNG (20.84 KiB) Viewed 6938 times

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Outputs on Resolume start should be in the same state as they were on exit.
Layers have a trigger first clip on load option you can use to have them started automatically.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu