additional DMX-Channels in Fixture-Editor...

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
der_Stefan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

additional DMX-Channels in Fixture-Editor...

Post by der_Stefan »

We have LED-bars with the combination RGBWA-UV with 12 lenses.
It would be great, to be able to add additional DMX-channels for every single "LED-lens" to "correct/overjump" the UV channels in the fixture. Otherwise those bars would be useless, because the adressing does not ignore the UV-channels and the patch is wrong... (or did I miss a feature to do this?)

kind regards

der_Stefan

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: additional DMX-Channels in Fixture-Editor...

Post by Oaktown »

Just add two dummy channels to your fixtures and you should be set.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

ExtraChannels.png
You can add as many extra channels to your fixture as you like.

der_Stefan

Post by der_Stefan »

You are right but every bar has 12 lenses! Your example just shows the first "lens"... That would just work for a PAR which works as one big bulb. Or I would need to set up 12 *10 bars = 120 fixture, altough I have just 10 bars with 12 pixels...
If I rise the witdh to 12, all rgbwa-fixtures are added to this pixel-block before your shown u and v -channels. (btw: uv means ultraviolett and is one channel)

So to understand: Try to build a fixture like this:

1-red
2-green
3-blue
4-white
5-amber
6-UV
7-red
8-green
9-blue
10-white
11-amber
12-UV
... (12 times per bar)
Your example would work, if I was able to add further pixel-blocks to that fixture after adding the UV-channel...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I see, thanks for explaining.

Fixtures are currently limited to a single pixel block. I'll make a ticket to see if we can change that so you can recreate your fixture.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If we could create fixture arrangement groups, and add fixtures to that group in any order, we could place that group like regular fixtures.

And maybe UV color channel could be added to the channel types, which would get info from deep dark blue?

Also the led bar should have setup choices regarding how many dmx channels you want to drive them with, so you could maybe set them to rgbwa mode.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

der_Stefan

Post by der_Stefan »

Joris wrote:I see, thanks for explaining.

Fixtures are currently limited to a single pixel block. I'll make a ticket to see if we can change that so you can recreate your fixture.
YES - that's what I wanted to say, I'm only limited to my bad english ... : )

Including the UV-channel in colour-mixing would be lovely as well, as our bars have a really strong uv-led with appr. 3 W, what gives you really cool colours in combination. Only thing is, that depending on the strength of each colour it would need to be possible to "adjust" the mixing-value by a further parameter, if possible...

I'm just testing with the demo at the moment but I already love arena !!!!
Slice rotation & DMX-fixture mapping is finally the breaking point after 2 years of observing for buying it - when solved the fixture-problem ; )
LOVELY!
LOVELY!
der_Stefan

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

When we decide to add uv to the color spaces, how do you expect us to drive this channel with video? For white and amber this is fairly simple as these are colors that can be represented by a certain combination of the Red Green Blue values we have in video. UV is blue'er (is that a word?) than the most intense blue we've got.

UV seems more like an utility channel that is interleaved with the RGB channels, maybe you just want to have sliders for these so you can control those channels yourself just like other non-rgb channels?

der_Stefan

Post by der_Stefan »

That's a good question. As well it relies to the 'power' of the UV-channel. For example we have a bunch of Cameo-Pixbars 600Pro, which UV-channel seems to be stronger in relation to rgbwa to match it better. I don't know, if it's possible but maybe there could be something like a log-math-thing to add UV the the colormix to support better colormixes for the rgb-thing - just like amber and white it might be possible ??? I just see, that using uv to mix magenta gives a better result... but I don't know something like a mathematic formular for doing this automatic.

The idea, that UV supports blue seems to make sense to me - maybe one should try and see what happens ? :D
If that would work in any way it would be an absolute unique feature that even professional dmx consoles do not support.

Of course, I don't expect you to make that possible : ) - if not possible ...?
As you said, at least it should be possible to add such a channel (or any other channel that might be between the rgb(wa)-block to match those fixture-channels. A manual slider would be sufficient as well : )

Do you have a roadmap for the next update? We are a planning a show for mid of March and I have to decide, wether to exchange the Pixbars600Pro and use 200Pro (rgb only) or if we can stay on the 600's. (We have both, I just need to make decisions, because the 600s fit more to the rgbwaUV-Pars, that we will use as effect lights)

kind regards

der_Stefan

FabianB

Post by FabianB »

+1 on this.
Of course driving the UV channel from resolume doesn't make much sense. But being able to create such fixtures would be nice. It would be possible if additional parameters could also be pixels and not only simple values.
Like this:
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (12.62 KiB) Viewed 12027 times
then another 1x1 pixel and 1x parameter and so on.

Greetings

Fabian