New to Resolume Arena

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
MaximilianVII
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

New to Resolume Arena

Post by MaximilianVII »

Hi guys im new to this software, i would like to know am i able to use Resolume Arena for normal projection mapping only? i'm trying to do a multi projection mapping with 2-4 projectors each using a different pictures. Can any kind people help me out?

This is my PC specs

Intel Haswell-E Core™ i7 5820K 4.5 GHz with Corsair H100i
Asus Sabertooth X99 Mobo
Asus Strix GTX 980
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16 GB DDR4-2666 MHz
Dell U2515H
Intel 730 480GB
Fractal Design Define R5
Seasonic X 850W
Windows 10 Pro x64

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: New to Resolume Arena

Post by Oaktown »

What do you mean by normal projection mapping? What do you think we all use Arena for?

You computer specs look great but some you have an NVidia GPU, you'll need some kind of video processor to map to 4 outputs or more since it can only output to 4 outputs and you'll need a UI.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

What do you think we all use Arena for?
Super special amazing projection mappings?

MaximilianVII

Post by MaximilianVII »

Oaktown wrote:What do you mean by normal projection mapping? What do you think we all use Arena for?

You computer specs look great but some you have an NVidia GPU, you'll need some kind of video processor to map to 4 outputs or more since it can only output to 4 outputs and you'll need a UI.

Sorry sir i think i used the wrong word for it, what i meant was simple mapping on the stage backdrop with image and video on each side. Could you tell me more about the Nvidia GPU? why do i need a video processor? i'm new to mapping.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Your GTX980 is limited to 4 outputs and you'll need one for your user interface so that'll leave 3 available for mapping. But you can always split one or several outputs in sub-outputs using hardware like a datapath X4 for Matrox double or triple head.

There are many threads in this forum on how to expand your output numbers.

MaximilianVII

Post by MaximilianVII »

Ok i will search for the thread on how to expand the output. Another question, for setting up the PC and Resolume all i need to do is plug in the output cables to the GPU ports that is all? i want to learn how to set up the machine and the software :D

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

First take a look at the simple setup chapter in the manual. This will show you how you can connect your projectors to your computer: http://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/simpleoutput

Then take a look at the advanced output chapter. This will explain how you can work with multiple screens: http://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/advancedoutput

MaximilianVII

Post by MaximilianVII »

Thanks alot :) do you have Edge blending tutorial ? :D i bought Resolume Arena 5 today and i want to learn more about it hehe.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

phpBB [video]

Digi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digi »

In terms of video processor, doesn't the 980 have THREE display ports. I know it's not some super officially adopted 1.5-2k usd "datapath" but this actually does work. http://www.evga.com/articles/00815/

Welcome to the era of dvi is crap.