leadedge wrote:My NVIDIA control panel has a Display section at left, with "Change resolution" and "Adjust desktop size and position". But I don't have Optimus.
I have a Clevo computer with same GPU and processor as original poster. Going through the same problems too. Black screen on output if "full screen" or "advanced output" is chosen.
I have found that after using the Output menu option "fullscreen - display 4" (which is the first monitor connected to my laptop no matter which port), and then going into the Nvidia control panel and playing with the resolution, sometimes going back to the last chosen one, then clicking apply (if it appears- it disappears a lot and the control panel glitches frequently), I can get the output to show up either cropped at wrong resolution or eventually correct full screen view. It is strange how the resolution sizes mismatch in so many places though (the monitor may think its at 1368x760, while resolume interprets the monitor as 1280x720, and windows or nvidia panel sees it as 1920x1080). Very confusing!
Furthermore, changing between fullscreen output or advanced output, or unplugging/replugging any monitors then requires me to go back and change then set again and click apply to the settings in Nvidia control panel to restore the output so it is not a black screen again.
I changed the settings in the Clevo control center from hybrid to discrete and restarted, and after the restart, found that sometimes changing then re-setting the resolution in Windows 10's display settings control panel causes the black screen to become a proper display. It did not used to do that before, it always had to be through Nvidia. However, it is still a pretty confusing mess to get things working. Fairly possible if you are using your own equipment each time and can save advanced output settings with a name you know to load each time, but even still, the monitors sometimes then end up with a cropped image.
And if you ever use other people/places projectors/monitor equipment, it is a big headache of shuffling around resolutions in these multiple places to finally find a combination that works- which is rarely merely setting everything to the same resolution.
There must be an easier way!