Am I missing something with WIndows?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Am I missing something with WIndows?

Post by jim »

so I install Arena on my beastly Metabox laptop (it has dual linked sli GeForce cards and most excessive specs imaginable), I was ran over while on tour in the states at start of year and someone stole my MacBook pro so I decided it was time to switch back to PC my living arrangments have being on and off in hospital so I could no longer rely on the studio machine gig machine model. now despite all this tech and power, I can't get anything to render in DXV, I tried out of adobe media encoder and tried the good old trick of changing the file extension from mp4 to MOV, that normally fools resolume in a crunch, I was in a creative flurry and wanted to funk up some freshly shot footage, I am trying to install the standalone dxv installer now though I shouldn't have to. I presume most pc users use the avi container or is there some secret William Gates witch-craft. I'm not a Noob I have being using resolume for nearly 15 years, hell before there even was a mac version so I am feeling like a massive idiot at this moment in time.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Am I missing something with WIndows?

Post by Oaktown »

When you say you can't anything to render in DXV in Media Encoder, do you mean that you're not seeing the DXV3 codec or it's not rendering with alpha?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

jim wrote:so I install Arena on my beastly Metabox laptop (it has dual linked sli GeForce cards and most excessive specs imaginable), I was ran over while on tour in the states at start of year and someone stole my MacBook pro
Sorry to hear.
jim wrote: I tried out of adobe media encoder and tried the good old trick of changing the file extension from mp4 to MOV, that normally fools resolume in a crunch.
Have you been using this for all your footage for 15 years?
jim wrote: I am trying to install the standalone dxv installer now though I shouldn't have to. I presume most pc users use the avi container or is there some secret William Gates witch-craft. I'm not a Noob I have being using resolume for nearly 15 years, hell before there even was a mac version so I am feeling like a massive idiot at this moment in time.
-So the mp4 to MOV trick only worked very well for me with OSX.
-We still use MOV for pc. DXV3 on any system is based off of the quicktime encoder. Its not that different here.
-AVI is not used at all in resolume.

Here are some steps
-First i would install quicktime for PC, that normally a good start.
https://support.apple.com/kb/dl837?locale=en_US
-Grab Mpeg stream clip as a mac user i'm sure your used to it, but media encoder is my fav on pc.
-Quicktime is your encoding method(not avi), DXV 3 will be available under codecs after you choose quicktime.
-Select DXV 3 as you normally would

When installing Resolume you should have the encoder installed. IF not then use the DXV encoder installer https://resolume.com/download/files?fil ... taller.exe

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Make sure you have Quicktime for Windows installed.

jim

Post by jim »

Thanks all, I just came up on the issue again and remebered about this post, seems a little figgity with installing and reinstalling but sure I will sort it out.

puniu1acc
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by puniu1acc »

jiim wrote:Thanks all, I just came up on the issue again and remebered about this post, seems a little figgity with installing and reinstalling but sure I will sort it out.
Would you please share more on this?

jim

Post by jim »

TBH, I was just an idiot and had a stack of content that was originally brought in DXV but I had archived in HAP but file names still had DXV on them of course windows doesn't play well with HAP so I could not even work out that was issue to much latter.

4eyes

Post by 4eyes »

jim wrote:TBH, I was just an idiot and had a stack of content that was originally brought in DXV but I had archived in HAP but file names still had DXV on them of course windows doesn't play well with HAP so I could not even work out that was issue to much latter.
That'll do it.

It'd be rad if Resolume supported HAP. Would make interoperability with Touchdesigner that much easier.