Display out issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
k9soldier
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Display out issue

Post by k9soldier »

I’m running 5.14 with 9 displays out... this system is in clients location so these bugs are no good especially when the owner calls me daily with this issue..

For some resolume just stops sending the images to display.. since I’m doing a wall blend and a bunch of random screens go blank.. my fix is a daily go to outputs then click one display at a time to full screen then go to advance then the all show back up on the screen... it’s always a different screen that goes blank till i go through that process..

Any help would be great, i feel any day the client will be asking for refund since it happens all the time...

Thank you all in advance!!!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Display out issue

Post by Zoltán »

Are the projectors/resolume machine switched off at any point when this happens?
Are the cables ok?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I’m running 5.14 with 9 displays out...
Can you describe your setup?

k9soldier

Post by k9soldier »

I'm running a custom built machine, I spared no expense building the system, I have matrox c680 as the graphics card pushing out just graphics..

Resolume is still running but I'm missing screens displaying nothing but black... so I get this constant message from my client saying "wallpaper is up again" so I log in remotely open output and click one screen at a time until they have all been selected then hit advance then they populate..

im at a loss... the system stays unmonitored and the same pictures unless I change the backdrops

k9soldier

Post by k9soldier »

Zoltán wrote:Are the projectors/resolume machine switched off at any point when this happens?
Are the cables ok?
Yes the cables are fine, I actually use your linear osc to schedule scene changes... the projectors stay on and resolute stays on, just goes black..

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

How are you getting 9 displays + UI from your Matrox?

As a note. The C680 may not be the best card for your application.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

k9soldier wrote:Resolume is still running but I'm missing screens displaying nothing but black... so I get this constant message from my client saying "wallpaper is up again"
So does the projector go black - resolume is displaying a black output
or does it show the windows wallpaper - resolume (windows?) losing the output?
They don't mean the same.
The second would mean that windows loses the output because of, cable contact error, projectors shutting down, matrox bug, windows re-enumerating displays on restart, etc.
You needing to disable/enable the advanced output could be a clue to this.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Yeah, getting 9 displays + UI from a Matrox C680 seems like it wouldn't be a stable setup which is why i'm trying to understand the whole setup.

k9soldier

Post by k9soldier »

its two systems running osc to the other, so 2 Matrox cards two different system I did have 1 system with 2 Matrox cards synced until I realized that was to many pixels for resolume, so built another system so then when the scenes change osc changes the scene on other system.

2 computers total 9 ouputs linked together via osc, but my problems still exist...

I have ran into allot of issues along the way with osc that I never predicted...

I have the photos sliced in 5 different sizes to go around the room.. slice 1 is one wall (layer 1) slice 2 the next wall (layer 2) ect.. the first 3 layers on server 1 and the last 2 on server 2...

orginally I had server 1 with layers 1-2-3 and server 2 layers also with layer 1-2, didn't realize that server 1 osc would send all the information from server 1 to server 2 and cause the layers 1-2 not to work properly.. so I added layers 1-2-3 in server 1 and then added layers 4-5 in server 2.. surprising over a few hours all the information from server one ended up on server 2 but since I added layers 4-5 to server 2 no more conflicts...

NOW I see a few of you mention I'm using the wrong hardware for this application... id really appreciate your recommendations on the proper gear to do this many outputs... thank you..

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

NOW I see a few of you mention I'm using the wrong hardware for this application... id really appreciate your recommendations on the proper gear to do this many outputs... thank you..
Nvidia 1080ti with 3 Datapath FX4. That would give you up to 12 1080p outputs plus UI on one computer and a rock solid setup.