open Advance Map resolume 5 to 6

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
k9soldier
Is taking Resolume on a second date

open Advance Map resolume 5 to 6

Post by k9soldier »

I have a detailed advance mapping in resolume 5 and I want to open the same save file in resolume 6... I dont have the ability to remap the entire space but want to switch to 6...

is this possible? I tried opening the resolume 5 comp in 6 and it didn't work..

thank you

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: open Advance Map resolume 5 to 6

Post by Zoltán »

To import the R5 comp to R6 you need to open it thru the Composition menu- open - file dialog.
To import the Advanced output preset, open Advanced output, and in the Presets dropdown select "Load...".
Browse for your file and click Open.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

k9soldier

Post by k9soldier »

Great! once it didn't work I went back to 5... excited to try it after my location closes for the night... I actually use your OSC Scheduler and it works great!

but I do have another question (completely different location) I have 2 computers running resolume 5 and 6 (some reason resolume 6 plays my videos choppy so I use 5 when its night club and 6 when its photos during restaurant hours)... the osc control works perfect in 6 but even with the exact same settings using 5 I can't trigger columns like I do in 6 (disclaimer I used 5 prior with osc and worked great)

thank you for your help

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

k9soldier wrote:Great! once it didn't work I went back to 5... excited to try it after my location closes for the night... I actually use your OSC Scheduler and it works great!
Nice :)
but I do have another question (completely different location) I have 2 computers running resolume 5 and 6 (some reason resolume 6 plays my videos choppy so I use 5 when its night club and 6 when its photos during restaurant hours)...
Are these DXV videos?
the osc control works perfect in 6 but even with the exact same settings using 5 I can't trigger columns like I do in 6 (disclaimer I used 5 prior with osc and worked great)
thank you for your help
with Controller right?
If you load a composition it switches between R5 and R6 modes - to the composition version - as the OSC commands are different.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

k9soldier

Post by k9soldier »

yes they are all dvx...

I have separate comps for 5 and 6... 5 has videos and 6 has photos (super wide panoramic)... I orginally had used 5 for everything but upgraded to 6 for the 64 bit but video was choppy 3 fps... so went back to 5 now getting 24 fps at 16384x1080.. so im happy with that but osc isn't working at all anymore with column triggers to the other servers...

really ay a loss why its worked until I install resolume 6

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

k9soldier wrote:yes they are all dvx...

I have separate comps for 5 and 6... 5 has videos and 6 has photos (super wide panoramic)... I orginally had used 5 for everything but upgraded to 6 for the 64 bit but video was choppy 3 fps... so went back to 5 now getting 24 fps at 16384x1080.. so im happy with that but osc isn't working at all anymore with column triggers to the other servers...
really ay a loss why its worked until I install resolume 6
Are the server all the same version R5 / R6?
Resolume seems to have some issues with very high resolution DXV playback, we'll check it out.

k9soldier

Post by k9soldier »

everything is exactly the same per system... and i use the same 5 or 6 on the each system.. if im using 5 on one system im using 5 on the other...

but i am interested in the comment about resolume with high resolutions... makes me wonder if i load just the photos in 6 would it trigger columns...to go a little deeper OSC works with every aspect of 5 just not any of the layer or column triggers... if i click the fader up on one machine it moves on the other machine... just cant trigger the actual clip