RE: Noob - VJ Setup separate from DJ

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Senque
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

RE: Noob - VJ Setup separate from DJ

Post by Senque »

Hey I'm new to Resolume, and was wondering if anyone had general tips on set ups that are based on having a seperate computer running DJ software and syncing that to a computer running Resolume? I am interested in doing just visuals and teaming up with DJs for shows. Would this require connecting computers through a Midi controller? Also if it helps, I'm running on PC and Arena 5.1.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: RE: Noob - VJ Setup separate from DJ

Post by drazkers »

Senque wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 16:01 Hey I'm new to Resolume, and was wondering if anyone had general tips on set ups that are based on having a seperate computer running DJ software and syncing that to a computer running Resolume? I am interested in doing just visuals and teaming up with DJs for shows. Would this require connecting computers through a Midi controller? Also if it helps, I'm running on PC and Arena 5.1.
What do you want to sync up?

You should have a midi controller but you don’t need it for syncing from another computer.

im_borealis

Post by im_borealis »

What I've done before is:
  1. Bring the DJ's BPM into Ableton. (There are lots of ways to do this, depending on the DJ setup.)
  2. Depends:
    1. For Resolume 6, use Link to sync Resolume with Ableton.
    2. For Resolume 5, use MIDI or OSC to sync Resolume with Ableton.
  3. Profit.
NOTE: I'm well aware that for Traktor and Resolume 6, you can just Link the two directly. However, that requires the DJ to use "Shift Sync." Many DJs are not used to using Shift Sync, and if the DJ stops a track without shifting sync to the other track, Traktor's master BPM will go to 0 and the whole set will grind to a halt.

djrobs

Post by djrobs »

Hi
Did you get it to work?

I wonder How i can connect me Mac book pro whit rekordbox dj video to send the video signal to my windows Computer whit resolum and frome the windows Computer send the video out to the projector o video Wall

im_borealis

Post by im_borealis »

djrobs wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 14:27 I wonder How i can connect me Mac book pro whit rekordbox dj video to send the video signal to my windows Computer whit resolum and frome the windows Computer send the video out to the projector o video Wall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQZKzWS1j68