AES50 audio input to resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
soup@liastudios.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

AES50 audio input to resolume

Post by soup@liastudios.com »

My sound engineer has a device that puts out an AES50 32 channel audio stream. Any insight on getting that into resolume on a PC?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: AES50 audio input to resolume

Post by Arvol »

You'll need an AES50 decoder. Klark Teknik makes one, I believe the model number is DN9630.

Please note that Resolume currently only supports a stereo input (2 channels total). So you'll need to do some virtual routing to get 2 mono channels merged and panned into a stereo input if you are needing more than 1 channel.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I would also check to see if your audio engineer has a USB port on the mixer (very likely) so that you can just connect your computer and bring in any channel you want via USB.

soup@liastudios.com

Ah that is heartbreaking it can only take in two channels of audio ... i'm coming from vdmx which was infinite. Resolume you're going to break my heart over and over again.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

soup@liastudios.com wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 23:45 Ah that is heartbreaking it can only take in two channels of audio ... i'm coming from vdmx which was infinite. Resolume you're going to break my heart over and over again.
Do you want to use the inputs for FFT animation, SMPTE, or play them as source in the composition?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

soup@liastudios.com

One thing I’d like to do is as a source for fft animations. Sorry where is the fft generator section in resolume?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

soup@liastudios.com wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 22:21 One thing I’d like to do is as a source for fft animations. Sorry where is the fft generator section in resolume?
https://resolume.com/support/en/paramet ... o-analysis
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu