30 Day License Limit => installation killer

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
efferao
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: 30 Day License Limit => installation killer

Post by efferao »

totally agreeing with OP, we do many installations and often the location is not even connected to the internet, for an infinity of possible reasons we don't have control over.
I honestly don't feel that the 30 days system is fair to a lot of your customers, compared to a minority that has problems with the current licensing system, also counting these problems can be avoided by recording and tracking the licenses they have, which is something we should all do as professionals.

Cosmiclab

Post by Cosmiclab »

To make offline licence management even more of a challenge, it looks like we also need to travel back in time 4.7 million years!
:o
20180219_145855.jpg

PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Finally what i feared has happened. I used Resolume 6 yesterday and without any internet connection and today when I wanted to download a few files from the net so i connected internet and download those files from motionloops. now just the check those files i open Resolume Arena 6 and found my licence gone and the resolume text and sound start coming. Just imagine if i am taking my machine for a show and if this happens there. what will i do. you said you need to connect internet to keep the licence alive but in my case it got dead. This is tragedy

PERCYJOSEPH

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

such message like the one cosmiclab has shown has never ever seen on my machine.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

PERCYJOSEPH wrote:Finally what i feared has happened. I used Resolume 6 yesterday and without any internet connection and today when I wanted to download a few files from the net so i connected internet and download those files from motionloops. now just the check those files i open Resolume Arena 6 and found my licence gone and the resolume text and sound start coming. Just imagine if i am taking my machine for a show and if this happens there. what will i do. you said you need to connect internet to keep the licence alive but in my case it got dead. This is tragedy
This doesn't sound right at all!
Have you emailed Resolume about this? You might have something else going on.

PERCYJOSEPH

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

but it is the fact. I had to log in to our account and delete all the registration and redo the process again. It might be strange but it has happened. lets wait for the next occurrence.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

PERCYJOSEPH wrote:but it is the fact. I had to log in to our account and delete all the registration and redo the process again. It might be strange but it has happened. lets wait for the next occurrence.
Did you email Resolume on this?

PERCYJOSEPH

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

oh no arvol. the problem got solved temporarily and i got busy with the next project. used this forum instead as similar people with the same issues can also respond. somewhere the new resolume 6 needs a lot more fixes to make it a rock like software where we are confident enough to carry it.

garedunord.ch

Post by garedunord.ch »

Are there any news here? Any solution (Dongle,...) coming in the near future?

It's pretty annoying to renew registration every month and it's always a few days after 30-day-period when you need this software right now... :roll:
Gare du Nord - Bahnhof für Neue Musik
Mario Henkel
www.garedunord.ch

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

garedunord.ch wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 14:34 Are there any news here? Any solution (Dongle,...) coming in the near future?
We're looking into the possible solutions.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu