Bigfug = Big problems

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
EC from BE
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Bigfug = Big problems

Post by EC from BE »

Does anyone here has a similar plugin like Bigfugs FFGL Power Spectrum? I need to make an equaliser or scope (visualising soundwaves)
Crashes all the time, Resolume 6, Macbook Pro mid 2015. Unusable! DO NOT BUY!
No response to several emails asking for a solution from Bigfug.
Did buy this for an upcoming tour.. client would like the same as I showed.. need a solution!

On the other hand, thank you Resolume for sorting this out and the quick responses I got from the crash reports! Tried the reveal effect as suggested but unfortunately I cannot make it as snappy or precise as the one from bigfug.

Cheers,

E

AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Bigfug = Big problems

Post by AdevProjects »

Dont know about Mac.
But on the latest versions of Arena 6 (6.1.4) on Windows Bigfugs fugPowerGL and fugScopeGL work correctly.

I guess it would be cool to have a built-in source if it is possible for fft information to be passed through to a source/effect from inside resolume.

Perhaps a work around could be to use the shaper effect or a solid colour effect multiple times on the same clip with shapes set as boxes and then link different fft frequency ranges to each box's position y or y scale for example. It probably could end up looking very similar but with alot more to setup.

EC from BE

Post by EC from BE »

Yeah I like the plugin itself, made some very nice looks with these.. but crashing all the time is not usable.. Its a shame for the wasted time. Anyone tried this on a Macbook pro running Catalina, and Resolume 7 ? Considering the update.. if the plugin works and is rock solid anyway..

In all fairness, never got any kind of support or answer from Alex (Bigfug) but I just noticed he refunded me.

Cheers,

E

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by AngeloDV »

Check out Juice Bar for a plugin called Equalizer. Might not be exactly what you are looking for but it's a start

https://get-juicebar.com/

EC from BE

Post by EC from BE »

Thank you Angelo, I'm checking it out!

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

You can't get that plugin if doesn't have a precise link.
I think there's an issue with the website, and Alex is not selling that stuff anymore.

You can find an old windows pc and install winamp for that purpouse.

sTuVIdR

Post by sTuVIdR »

I posted something on here a year ago about this - the BigFug plugs are no longer supported - unfortunately (afaik) you can still buy these plugs on the website for a few pounds! I suspect Alex does not actually know. Someone should give him a kick and tell him to take these pages down already. They do not work, be warned.