Arena 7, APC 40 (1st gen) 5 second delays, and midi output malfunctions

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
alstergee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 7, APC 40 (1st gen) 5 second delays, and midi output malfunctions

Post by alstergee »

so i am pretty sure im not alone on this but i cannot for the life of me find a solution.

i have a 1080Ti,7th Gen i7, 64 GB DDR4 Ram, using 4 outputs in my composition, and i use a 1st gen APC 40. ive reinstalled windows, downloaded every last driver, the rig plays games at full settings with ease i have a raid of 2 NVME 1TB drives that consistently read and write at 3GBPS levels there should not be hardware issues from any of the benchmarking suites ive ran on it. ive even loaded my project on a different computer running even newer better hardware and i still get these same issues.

literally everything i do on either midi or using mouse has a GIANT delay that even freezes video sometimes. the faders and knobs on my controller will make the controlled variables slowly move up and then down over 30 seconds of delay and i cant do shit while it picks, at random, where to finally land.

supports "solution" to delete my midi map works great until i try to rebuild my map which is literally just clip launches and some opacity controls on 8 layers. the leds on my board work on like 2 knobs and none of the other ones. buttons have the same problem. i recently bought a APC 40 MK11 and its the exact same shit. then i dropped my APC 40 1 and got a brand new one. surprise same exact issue.

ive read that support has basically writeen off its recommended apc 40 mk11 as left for dead and blamed Akai for their bullshit despite akai not updating anything and resolume coming out with a plane crash of an update in my experience so far.
i use alley to render 1080p clips with light effects (and yes ive tried a basic bitch 1 output 1 layer 1 controller no effects setup its the same damn shit.)

i just need answers am i supposed to start looking for a different VJ program and give up or is there some actual constructive solutions to these crippling issues ive been experiencing?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 7, APC 40 (1st gen) 5 second delays, and midi output malfunctions

Post by Zoltán »

Do you have your primary windows display connected to the 1080, and Resolume assigned to render on the 1080 int he nvidia 3d settings?

How many shortcuts do you have in your midi presets?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

clip launches and some opacity controls on 8 layers
Oh no. I use many, many shortcuts with 1st gen and MKII without any delay.
Think rendering on the wrong graphics card will go bad, even without any midi assignment. :?

alstergee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by alstergee »

there is no secondary graphics, the proc/mobo doesnt utilize it. i only see nvidia in the device manager under graphics, and yes all my outputs / control monitor are on the graphics cards display outs.