advanced output key/midi/osc mapping

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
amoeba
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

advanced output key/midi/osc mapping

Post by amoeba »

Hi troops, amoeba here,
just back from Kazantip, myself and vjyago were holding it down tight for resolume.

One issue we both had was that every night I would be doing a different LED screen setup
and making maybe 5 or 6 advanced output options / display pre-sets /setups for that one LED screen performance.

Everything worked great, NAE crashes!! NAE freezes at all in tons of performances,
however having to always keep the advanced output window open/minimised, having to un minimise/open it
and manually select the next bespoke screen preset as you performed was and is a huge pain.

Is there anyway to OSC/KEY/MIDI map bespoke advanced output presets, without having to manually open/select them with the mouse?

cheers

heres some screen/pixel/projection images from kazantip.

https://www.facebook.com/theestateovcre ... 554&type=3

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: advanced output key/midi/osc mapping

Post by Joris »

Great to hear that Resolume is proving to be so stable!

Enabling and disabling slices (and perhaps presets) via shortcuts is one of the top requests when it comes to the Advanced Output, and it's coming in the next major release.

amoeba

Post by amoeba »

NOW that is excellent news.....good luck with the coding.

Mapping saved PRESET CHOICES as well as SLICE STATES for US is very very very important
as this increases R avenues flexability and reaction speed in competing with 4V with switching between strange screen sizes/mapping situations by being able to quickly utilise multiple setups/screen displays and creative ways of displaying the composition an deasily switching between them.....We almost had it down to VVVV type switching speeds, but having to always have the advanced output open, and manually switch between states and pre-sets was proper old school ; )

The stability of R4 has NOT been an issue for a number of years now for me, All my source is DXV,
and or syphon enabled apps/code. Cannot remember the last time it crashed!!!!!
my only gripe is that my patches are huge with tons of 1080p movies, so when switching between tabs
there can be some noticable LAG, especialy as I have about 12 tabs each with around 30-40 large DXV movie sets in them, also a lot with alpha channels. Is this just a caching issue?

I look forward to the release and updates to this great software.

Oh and if u could add in some UV mapping, shader toy compatability, and texture mapping features as well ;P
that would get it right up my 4V mafia pals.....

/sct/amoeba

yochee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by yochee »

i am using Mapio, it's a great easy piece of software!

jpr

Post by jpr »

Hi All,

So...did this make it into Arena 5? I believe that counts as the next major release, no? This functionality would be vital to a current project I am working on.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We spent a lot of time thinking about which direction these sort of features should take. Our current line of thinking that diverting even more control to the advanced output does not really help with moving things forward.

You can read more about how we envision slice and advanced output control here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12671&p=51830#p51830

Of course this doesn't help you now. So if your project really relies on direct slice control and cannot be tackled with some clever input mapping tricks, I'm afraid you'll have to look for another software solution for the time being.

dechen

Post by dechen »

Hello everyone, im new in resolume and I have acustomer that needs to recall advanced output presets over OSC (i'm using a crestron for it's demo room) I download and test the arena 7.1.0 this feature is available in this version?

thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

dechen wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 22:27 Hello everyone, im new in resolume and I have acustomer that needs to recall advanced output presets over OSC (i'm using a crestron for it's demo room) I download and test the arena 7.1.0 this feature is available in this version?
Check our Slice transform: https://resolume.com/support/en/transfo ... -transform
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dechen

Post by dechen »

Thanks for the reply Zoltan, I was able to create the slices, mask in the advanced output. a Save two diferent layouts. now I want to recall this layout over OSC protocol. Is it possible?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

dechen wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 13:15 Thanks for the reply Zoltan, I was able to create the slices, mask in the advanced output. a Save two diferent layouts. now I want to recall this layout over OSC protocol. Is it possible?
Yup, you can map osc to the slice transform fx