How do I specify the file to be played, via OSC?

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
MikeInOz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

How do I specify the file to be played, via OSC?

Post by MikeInOz »

I'm very new to Resolume and have installed Avenue. I'm trying out this software with a view to using my own app to use Avenue to play videos, communicating using OSC. I can successfully pass simple commands like '/composition/name ,s "My Test"' but I can't find out how to specify the full path name of a video file to play, and then to start playing it. What OSC command(s) do I need to send? Is there a guide that covers this type of info?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: How do I specify the file to be played, via OSC?

Post by Arvol »

MikeInOz wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 03:32 I'm very new to Resolume and have installed Avenue. I'm trying out this software with a view to using my own app to use Avenue to play videos, communicating using OSC. I can successfully pass simple commands like '/composition/name ,s "My Test"' but I can't find out how to specify the full path name of a video file to play, and then to start playing it. What OSC command(s) do I need to send? Is there a guide that covers this type of info?
https://resolume.com/support

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I can't find out how to specify the full path name of a video file to play, and then to start playing it.
Loading files dynamically via OSC is not possible currently in Resolume.
You'd need to have your files placed in your decks already to be able to play them.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

MikeInOz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by MikeInOz »

Thanks for clarifying that.