OSC

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
stanciucu
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

OSC

Post by stanciucu »

Hi there
I would like to command two laptops with Resolume 5 from an Ipad. I don't know how to.Any help greatly appreciated.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: OSC

Post by He2neg »

All 3 things on the same network. set the osc settings inside the both arena systems the same and then get the osc messages from the ipad to reach both and they will do the same...

were do you have a problem exactly?

if you just want a backup setup you also can use one system to follow your other system...

https://youtu.be/Ly7cHT3ghxI?t=7352

at this point erik explain it fast and very well..
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

stanciucu

Post by stanciucu »

Thank you for your answer.Right now I am not at home to check on,but i'll keep you posted.
It's so that i work in theatre and project different stuff on different projectors.Because we are on tour the rig configurations must be very flexible. So...the cables.Wanted to eliminate them,and have laptop for every projector.So this is the idea.Any idea is welcomed
Regards
Marcel

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

As i had Tours on my own....
Dont do it ... multiple systems spread around the venue couse more trouble then they spare you some workwith cable runs, also you still have to run ethernet cables to every system. I wont releay on wifi for show comands.

When the Laptops dont need to be in Sync you can use the osc follow tactic from the video... Get some thoughts and come back.

Happy to help
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

stanciucu

Post by stanciucu »

Thank you.I'll think about,and comeback.

stanciucu

Post by stanciucu »

Hi.The guy seems to be sure about the NDI. Could work,meantime I am giving a thought to Cat .I have extenders,but..Wich kind of CAT are you using.Seems that monocat(powered cat) is a solution.What do you think?

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

stanciucu wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:19 Hi.The guy seems to be sure about the NDI. Could work,meantime I am giving a thought to Cat .I have extenders,but..Wich kind of CAT are you using.Seems that monocat(powered cat) is a solution.What do you think?
Stable Gigabit network with cat 6 or 7 cables everywere =)

NDI is a total different topic. What you you want to do with ndi? NDI is a Video over IP signal. You need to decode it at the projektor again. I use it to get a Signale into Resolum when there is no capture card.
~Berlin~

stanciucu

Post by stanciucu »

Hi there. Escuse me for being late.This corona sets other communication standards.
Unfortunately I am not a technician,and my technical knowledge is often limited.I am theater director,and I want video projection in my production.I love the stability of CAT,but sometimes just do not work.That's why I am bothering peoples with questions about OSC..NDI and such.I am looking for a wireless(??? )solutions between two or three projectors.So ,any idea is more than welcomed. :)

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

stanciucu wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 06:31 Hi there. Escuse me for being late.This corona sets other communication standards.
Unfortunately I am not a technician,and my technical knowledge is often limited.I am theater director,and I want video projection in my production.I love the stability of CAT,but sometimes just do not work.That's why I am bothering peoples with questions about OSC..NDI and such.I am looking for a wireless(??? )solutions between two or three projectors.So ,any idea is more than welcomed. :)

I dont recoment Wireless for video signals in a proffesional area... It can work inside the home set up with a few meters distance...

The only thing i do wireless ist projector control stuff for setup.

NDI need to be decoded again and so its expensive as well.
Get some HDMI Fiber Cable they are getting cheaper every week (100m for about 300€)

If you need some more help with planing or some detailed setup then drop me a line and we figure something out. I´m based in berlin.
~Berlin~

stanciucu

Post by stanciucu »

Thank you.Aprecciate.I!llreturn with the Plane.Regards