Can you Auto Populate Rows or Columns with folders?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
CaseyJ
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can you Auto Populate Rows or Columns with folders?

Post by CaseyJ »

Say I want to create a folder that is a playlist?

Say on my desktop there is a folder. Call is "Visuals". I can drag new files into it and easily remove old ones using the File Explorer of the OS.

Then, say I have a special Resolume file. I would want this file to load the videos from that folder and populate a row with them.

Is anything like that possible?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Can you Auto Populate Rows or Columns with folders?

Post by He2neg »

you can drop multiple clips at once...

drop them on a clip slot insert them from this to the right.
if you drop them on a collom you get them under each other..

automatic inserts, when the folder is updated, new videos are drop in automaticly :? is not possible as far as i know...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

CaseyJ

Post by CaseyJ »

Hello He2neg, thanks for the reply!

I played around and found that:

A) You can drag a folder from the desktop into Resolume and it will populate the row/column. If you update the folder the row/column will stay the same even after restarting.

B) From the resolume File Browser I can find the same folder, drag into a row/column, and it will populate just the same. If you update the folder the row/column will stay the same even after restarting.

So, for the automatic inserts as you called them, it would be best to drill in and see if we can find a way.

What possibilities might there be?

I would hate to have to make some script that automates mouse movements. Those are easily broken but can get the job done....

Maybe there is some update button in Resolume that can scan a folder?

Or is there some way to automate this with some OSC commands?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

CaseyJ wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 19:45 Hello He2neg, thanks for the reply!

I played around and found that:

A) You can drag a folder from the desktop into Resolume and it will populate the row/column. If you update the folder the row/column will stay the same even after restarting.

B) From the resolume File Browser I can find the same folder, drag into a row/column, and it will populate just the same. If you update the folder the row/column will stay the same even after restarting.

So, for the automatic inserts as you called them, it would be best to drill in and see if we can find a way.

What possibilities might there be?

I would hate to have to make some script that automates mouse movements. Those are easily broken but can get the job done....

Maybe there is some update button in Resolume that can scan a folder?

Or is there some way to automate this with some OSC commands?

Good testing, and thanks for sharing the result...

Maybe some magic man will come around and teach us some new tricks... but i dont know about anything that can make this automatic scan inside resolum.

depends on what you want to do with the clips and how it should play you may can use external playout software (vlc) and then use the vlc output as clip inside resolum. but there i´m also not 100% sure how stable it is if vlc restarts for adding the new clips
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

CaseyJ

Post by CaseyJ »

Ooh, VLC is an interesting option. Might add a bit too much overhead for the machine but is worth exploring.

I feel this would be a killer option for Resolume as it would make integrating Resolume far easier into stand alone installations.

Hmmm, I wonder how we could be appeal this idea to those who A) knew how to interface with API, or B) were in the business of adding new features?