Software to produce this liquid effect

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
worldfever
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Software to produce this liquid effect

Post by worldfever »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5rTdY ... tQlzg7CEiw

Hey! I'm a newbie VJ/Resolume user and I'm trying to produce visuals for my live show,

I really what Zora Jones/Sinjin Hawke do on their visual live show. My question: ignoring that they use a live video input, what would be a software that has these kind of filters that metalize/liquidize images like around 1:13 or 2:23 and across the whole video. Am I going to be able to do something like that with Resolume? I know of after effects, but the fact that they are doing it live hints to me that there must be a simpler solution. Probably something they coded themselves, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction of a software?

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Software to produce this liquid effect

Post by Sadler »

That is almost definitely Kinect plus TouchDesigner. You can approximate some of the simpler effects with a webcam in Resolume but not the pointcloud/z-pass stuff which TD supports but Resolume doesn't.

Thanks for the link BTW - it is an awesome show.

Scratchpole
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Software to produce this liquid effect

Post by Scratchpole »

Another thanks for the link, I enjoyed watching that and continuing to the creators page https://fractalfantasy.net some entertaining stuff.
Looks like they have some glsl skills, not convinced it's TD, it could be done in many similar environments.

If you really wanted to do stuff like this in Resolume, FreeFrame plugins could be coded to achieve similar things with kinect, point clouds, shiny environment maps etc. The liquid effect is using Optical Flow with Feedback.