Advanced Output Settings Crash

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SheafSt
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Advanced Output Settings Crash

Post by SheafSt »

Hey there Forum, first post here treat me kindly!

First off we're running Arena 7.2.1 rev70674 on Windows 10 Version 2004 - OS Build 19041.388

We've been running a setup with 1 output for the Arena Composition + 3 external output projectors for our visuals. We've never had any issues until what seemed like a recent Windows update suddenly reset all of our outputs to "Virtual Output" rather than the preset screens they are set to.

We can still select the screens in question however now after correctly setting one the second one pops up briefly for a second and then goes blank, followed by the arena software crashing immediately after.

Looked on older forum posts and people have mentioned a lot to do with Nvidia drivers not getting along well with Arenas advanced output settings but they're all posts more than 2 years old so I thought I'd see if anyone is having similar problems currently.

All software, Windows and drivers are all fully updated.

Thanks everybody let me know if anyone needs anymore details.

SheafSt

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Advanced Output Settings Crash

Post by Zoltán »

Is Windows protected folders enabled or disabled?
Antivirus programs allowing access for Resolume to the Docs folder?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

SheafSt

Post by SheafSt »

Hey we've just looked at protected folders and it was disabled. Changed it and problem still persists.

Any other ideas?

SheafSt

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Protected folders should be disabled ;)
Do you have any third party virus scanners installed?

Is Resolume assigned to render on your dedicated GPU, and is your primary windows display connected to the GPU directly?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

SheafSt

Post by SheafSt »

Cool so...
Protected folders should be disabled ;) - yes this is back to being fully disabled
Do you have any third party virus scanners installed? no we dont

Is Resolume assigned to render on your dedicated GPU humm not sure, how do we check this please? I guess it must have been before but its possible the recent batch of windows/resolume/nvidia updates this could have changed

and is your primary windows display connected to the GPU directly? Our primary display (the one in our front of house booth that runs the desktop and resolumes control screen) comes from the PCs onboard HDMI output not from our GPU (Geforce 1080Ti) - as above this worked fine before but he recent batch of windows/resolume/nvidia updates - we have a spare 4th output on the GPU card so we can try rearranging things a bit there and see how we get on

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah, don't run anything form the onboard connectors if you have a 1080Ti if you don't really have to ;)
If you have to, your primary windows display should be connected to the renderer, card which should be the 1080.
You can check the renderer by enabling Show display info in the output menu, and checking the Renderer line, and GFX is the GPU the display is connected to.

SheafSt

Post by SheafSt »

Sadly the same issue still arising.

I have now
- Removed the main control screen from the onboard graphics and added it to the 1080Ti
- So it has
OUTPUT 1 - Desktop Monitor
OUTPUT 2 - Projector 1
OUTPUT 3 - Projector 2
OUTPUT 4 - Projector 3
- Checked that all rendering is happening via 1080Ti Graphics Card - When I click Show display info this shows up (on each output, but I have to view them individually)

All 4 outputs work fine together when just using the PC normally. But when Running Resolume i can only use the desktop screen and 1 projector as soon as I set in the advanced settings to output to a 3rd screen, it flashes up for a moment then all of Arena Crashes. :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you please send us the Resolume log file via the feedback tab in preferences,
and the crash report using the reporter dialog that pops up after the crash?
Don't forget to fill out your email address, so we know it came from you ;)
Thanks!

SheafSt

Post by SheafSt »

Sure we will do, Not in the venue today but ill get that over tomorrow.

Cheers

SheafSt

Post by SheafSt »

I just fired up the machine and screens so I could replicate the issue and have that fresh in the log for you and it was actually working for a moment, I had all three screen playing nicely. But now it just randomly crashes. I've sent you over x2 log files, one from when I thought it was working, then one from what it does now.

So I can open resolume and get three screens up simultaneously but if I go into Output-advanced it crashes the whole of resolume straight away.

So seems like a small step forward but still the same sort of issue.