Text Animator & Text Block Automation Issues

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vectorfuton
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Text Animator & Text Block Automation Issues

Post by vectorfuton »

Hey. So, for whatever reason, when I am automating Dashboard parameters on Text sources, the UI hangs on me and prevents me from changing any other controls. With other sources / effects, I am able to send OSC messages from Live into Resolume with no issue, and only experience lag / hang when I push it on the number of effects / mappings. But with the Text sources (which I really want / need to use for my particular purposes), mapping becomes impossible since I can only map / cursor will only affect change once the Live set is stopped and OSC messages are ceased being sent. Again, it's only when I'm doing Text related stuff that this problem presents itself.

Any ideas??

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Text Animator & Text Block Automation Issues

Post by Zoltán »

What's the OSC message you send to Resolume, and which Text parameters are you trying to automate?
Not the Font I hope ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vectorfuton
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vectorfuton »

I am not trying to automate the font, but at the same time, I can certainly think of creative potential that would open up!

I have devices in Ableton which use the 8 clip / dashboard knob addresses to communicate. The mappings themselves are functioning properly, as is evidenced by using them with little to no issues with other effects (I haven't done an exhaustive test on all), and if I move the dashboard knobs with my mouse, all good. But when my Live / Resolume OSC approach is applied to Size / Spacing parameters, for ex, I get hang and lag to the point of unusability until I manually stop sending OSC from Live.

Scale moves more smoothly when I use my cursor to move the knob, whereas Size is a bit choppier. Maybe it is just a few specific parameters throwing off the equation?

Too much going on render wise with cpu at the moment, but maybe later I'll upload a vid showing my problem to better illustrate the issue.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

A video would help indeed.
Also the OSC addresses you actually send to Resolume would be helpful.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu