Arena shows a weird ip

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Blusound
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Arena shows a weird ip

Post by Blusound »

Hi
as you can see in the picture Arena is showing a wrong ip for OSC settings. The ip is not present in the Windows routing table and I'm not able to do OSC working. Never had a problem with this machine before.
Any ideas?

Arena 7.17.3 Windows 10 21H2 with latest patch
Processor Intel Xeon W2145
Mainboard Asus WS C422 SE
RAM 32G ECC on quad channel
Video Card Nvidia RTX 4000

Thanks
Attachments
wrong ip.png

Blusound

Re: Arena shows a weird ip

Post by Blusound »

Furthermore Arena is the only application that take that weird ip. vMix can see the ip of the network adapter.
Any help will be very accepted.
Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The IP you see is probably one of the disabled interfaces.
Arena will listen on any interfaces for OSC, and will use the system routing to send packets, so it should just work. Unless some VPN software messes things up.

I don't see a route to the network 2.0.0.0 in your screenshot.

What does your network setup look like and where do you want to send out the OSC?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Blusound

Post by Blusound »

Hi Zoltan
the address 2.0.0.100 that is showed in the picture was an old setting. I did a lot of changes and tests to try to find the problem so when I did the screenshot there was no more network adapter on 2.0.0.xxx class.
I find online the address 239.255.255.250 is a reserved address for SSDP (Simple Service Discovery Protocol) and Windows update could use it. My system had update fixed on a specific build of Windows 21H2 so I updated to 22H2 and this thing seems to solve the problem. I will do more tests on tomorrow.
Thanks for your interest.
Leonardo