Layers I think

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
TheThirstyAxe
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Layers I think

Post by TheThirstyAxe »

Hello all. I am in the "try before you buy" phase of this app, I want to make sure I can make it do what I need. The goal is to have video that is a foreground and a separate layer behind it. Basically I want our logo in a mural to look one way, and video to be behind but not blended.
So far I have figured out how to use two projectors effectively and how to use layers to make our logo have video projected on it by itself. The problem is that if I put anything else behind that layer it all blends together.... I have googled and googled and can't find the answer, I think the problem is I don't know how to phrase what I am looking for.

TheThirstyAxe

Re: Layers I think

Post by TheThirstyAxe »

Also, since the idea for this is to run for HOURS every day, is there a way to pre-render it so the GPU isn't working so hard?
I'm running it on an a desktop RTX4080 and it seems to push about 30-40% with a single layer running....

TheThirstyAxe

Post by TheThirstyAxe »

Here is what it looks like

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

The problem is that if I put anything else behind that layer it all blends together.... I have googled and googled and can't find the answer, I think the problem is I don't know how to phrase what I am looking for.
Hey there :)
Can you post a screenshot of the Resolume UI in that state where you have the problem when everything seems to blend together?

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Also, since the idea for this is to run for HOURS every day, is there a way to pre-render it so the GPU isn't working so hard?
I'm running it on an a desktop RTX4080 and it seems to push about 30-40% with a single layer running....
I would guess Resolume is not doing heavy load with this, so a "pre-render" would not save you that much of energy. I you had only one projector in use, I would say yes.

Single projection:
Sometimes when I do mappings for museum installations with long run I record my Resolume output. Than Iedit this videofile to a seamless loop, after that I let this file playback by an energy effective small hdmi media-player.

But since you are using two projectors here....a mediaplayer solution is more tricky, since you need a pair of these which are frame-syncable. And that will get quite expensive.

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar