how can I receive ableton automation into resolume avenue? I am talking about the parameters.

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
MLV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

how can I receive ableton automation into resolume avenue? I am talking about the parameters.

Post by MLV »

Hi there,

I am currently trying to figure out how I can get the filter of my prophet 6 from sequenctial to automate an effect in resolume, since the prophet 6 is based on NRPN midi messaging I am trying to use a max for live device Nrpn2 in ableton to receive the Nrpn messages from the filter and then I could map it to a macro or even a multi map device in ableton. Now the next step would be to get this inside resolume, but I cannot seem to figure this out up until now. Looking forward to hearing your takes on this!

Thanks,

Jim

MLV

Re: how can I receive ableton automation into resolume avenue? I am talking about the parameters.

Post by MLV »

I forgot to mention, I already tried directly from the prophet 6 to resolume, but the range is limit to 1 parameter, so it does not work. like it goes from 0 to 1 and not 100 or so

producation

Re: how can I receive ableton automation into resolume avenue? I am talking about the parameters.

Post by producation »

So you already managed to map the parameters onto macros?

I think the easiest way should be the Parameter Forwarder from here:
https://www.showsync.com/tools

It's included in the Resolume M4L Patches download

Bassindaniel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Bassindaniel »

use Midi or OSC