Synchronizing Present Calls

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
djevo1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Synchronizing Present Calls

Post by djevo1 »

I'm working on a project that could require multiple resolume instances. This project would require some level of synchronization of parameters at the frame level for all instances. I understand this is doable via either rest API or OSC, but I also wanted to see if there are hooks to add support for present call synchronization? If needed we would build a custom integration, but wanted to see what solution exists currently beyond the FFGL SDK.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Synchronizing Present Calls

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume doesn't offer sync calls at this time.
OSC is probably the easiest to do the parameter sync.

For syncronizing clip transports, I'd recommend SMPTE or Pioneer/Denon sync.
Parameters can also be automated to run in sync with clip transport, so SMPTE could help there too.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

djevo1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by djevo1 »

But parameters wouldn't necessarily stay in sync between frames on different devices correct?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If the parameters are set to clip transport, and the clip is set to SMPTE, they will be in sync.

OSC is also pretty quick though.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

There is no hard sync support in Resolume where multiple machines can be working on the same frame with the exact same parameter values.

The proposed syncing options are all soft sync and may result in discrepancies between the values used for each frame. Whether or not that's sufficiently synced depends on your use case.