Crossfade without slider possible?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
DaleB
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Crossfade without slider possible?

Post by DaleB »

is there a way to tell Resolume to crossfade between columned video clips instead of always doing a hard cut? Yes, I suppose I could use the fader and put the videos on alternate layers and use the slider... but that would require dexterity and perfect timing. I'd rather just hit the next video and have it do a crossfade for me instead of a cut. Possible??????

tijnisfijn
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Crossfade without slider possible?

Post by tijnisfijn »

I think what you mean is layer transitions.... you can turn them on in view.... show layer transition, then you can set a transition time and a blend mode if you switch clips on a layer... You can set this in two places... see picture.. Hope this helps you out....
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 23.09.23.png

DaleB
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by DaleB »

Well, what I was hoping for was the ability to crossfade from a video in one column to a video IN THE NEXT COLUMN. And to set a default crossfade time. And not have to use layers at all.

tijnisfijn
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by tijnisfijn »

The way Arena works means that you always have to use layers.... You have to always put a clip on a layer. You can have multiple layers on top of each other and if you switch to the next column The layer transitions and time will determine how 2 movies on 1 layer are mixed. And you can set it per layer. If you switch from column 1 to column 2 and you just have one layer you will see a mix between the 2 clips on that layer. If you have multiple layers, you can set multiple different transitions and transition times. And if you switch from one column to the other, all these different transitions and transition times will run per layer. This is just the way it work. But this will gives you lots of possibilities. And it's a very powerful feature. I hope this helps you out and you'll figure it out.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

You can do a crossfade inside 1 layer (max 10 sec) play around with the blendmodes and transition time as mentioned in the post above.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~