How to Sync Video and Audio on Separate Layers in Resolume Avenue?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Lumenarius
Is taking Resolume on a second date

How to Sync Video and Audio on Separate Layers in Resolume Avenue?

Post by Lumenarius »

We are working on an AV projection mapping installation and are looking for pointers on how to sync the video and audio files.

The video is 4k x 4k and is 105 minutes long with a DXV format.

The audio is also 105 minutes long in the .wav format.

We did this so that the audio team would have the flexibility of dropping in different audio mixes over the course of the 2 month long installation without the need to re-render the video file with the updated audio in it.

Re-rendering it would be great but it takes a very long time to render, then convert, plus it is over 500 GB once finished and we don't have infinite drive space.

All of it is working great except for one item: how to scrub or jump to a certain point in the video without the audio getting out of sync?

For instance, let's say we are doing a media shoot in there and we need to keep going back to the 11:15 mark.

One way I was thinking is that we could pause both the video and audio, then enter this timestamp, and then hit the master play. But, unless I am missing this field I do not see that possibility.

Another way I thought would be to somehow tie the playhead of the audio to that of the video so that if the video was set to be at 11:15 the audio would follow. But, I do not readily see a way to do that either.

With all of this considered does anyone have an idea on how to achieve either method I outlined, OR, is there maybe another way to do this I have not thought of?

Please see the screenshot for how it is setup. Happy to get snapshots of any other settings for clarity.

Thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 3.11.52 PM.png

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: How to Sync Video and Audio on Separate Layers in Resolume Avenue?

Post by cosmowe »

Maybe I miss something.... but why don't you just delete the potentially old audio clip from a clip and drag'n'drop the new wav into your clip panel?

You can just swap the linked audio from a clip. If the audio and video clips are absolutely the same length this will snuggly do the job.

See where the X is in the screenshot?... try just to drag and drop a wav file there ;)
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Lumenarius

Post by Lumenarius »

Hey thanks for the reply I did not know you could do that!

In order to drag the updated .wav file onto the visual does it have to first have audio in it or can it fill this in if it was just a video to start?

I'll try and open up a new comp and play around with this.

Thanks!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

No need to initial have audio within a clip... you can add audio to any clip you like.

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Lumenarius

Post by Lumenarius »

Okay I am happy to report this works great! You can literally just drag it on the clip itself. Nice! See attached.

A few things I noted is that if you use an audio clip that is not the same duration as the video Resolume will force the video clip to be the same length, i.e. it will speed up the video.

Is there anyway to change how this behaves? Maybe a way to have them always be at their native speed but still play together?

For our use case this now works perfect but just wanted to be aware of any other edge cases like mismatched durations.

Thank you for the help!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 11.03.08 AM.png