DVD max works on Ati radeon's with 'Theatre mode'

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

If you have an Ati radeon videocard check the Overlay settings and look for 'Theatre mode', enable it and start resolume. Activate the dvdmax functionality in the preferences window (misc settings)..undock and dock the output window and voila ..
if this doesn't work right away play around with the settings of your card..or check the specs of your card.

sofie_

Post by sofie_ »

cooooool i have an radon to but i don't now what and where is the "overlay setting" and the "theatrte mose" (i 'have dual monitor) could you give me light?

chris_

Post by chris_ »

What about the resolution of the video if I use the DVDmax function? Is it limited to 320*240 or can I scale it to 640*480 and if I scale it, is this the real resolution then or is it just a "blow up"?
Thanx for answering

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

acees your display properties and choose advanced, then look for the overlay tab. Click it and look for the 'theatre mode' checkbox. If it's there enable it, otherwise you have bad luck (try downloading the latest drivers)....
if you activated the theatre mode activate the dvdmax in resolume (preferences->misc). If it doesn't work right away, fool around more with your display settings...remark: this overlay is only possible on your primary display...so your secondary display should display the interface and your primary the overlay...

this all works only in clone mode...
cheers

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

the resolution will be the same as the output window...that means that if the output window is docked the overlay is 320x240..
in the next version of resolume we will try make them independent..
cheers

MJS_

Post by MJS_ »

I haven't tried this with dual screen but what good is it if it only works in clone mode? That means the video projector will show the resolume controls to the publi. Thats not very good. The small window in the control screen has low resolution. I could "zoom" onto it with the zoom option of the video projector but it doesn't go that far, with the maximum zoom it still leaves a lot of controls visible.
As soon as I get a chance to, I'll try this in dual screen.
bye bye

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

with the clone mode both displays show the same image untill the overlay is activated, then the primary display is completely filled with the output. the second display will show the interface...connect the primary to a projector or tv...and voila...

mim_

Post by mim_ »

...but!...

..on (my) lappy it is not an option to use a secondary display as primary and vice versa..
meaning the LCD is primary for good. no matter what, and that's his final...the checkbox that makes the primary-secondary switch is greyed out. no options..

laugh on, desktop users..
no preview for me on my lcd yet..i used a cable splitter and connect a tiny TV that shows me my output at one particular club that had vj booth (so to cal it) on a very silly position.. before i've had a mirror to get the eye to the screen:) feels like driving a car..

cheers ppl..
keep up the good work

(a vote for 'sound implementation movement' among users)

namebrett chila_

Post by namebrett chila_ »

reply msgi dont know about you, but on my radeon system my primary display shows the interface, & secondary display shows video window in full screen..

ill_

Post by ill_ »

i have a notebook with ati radeon 9000 and in overlay mode there isn't the theatre mode, and when i put the tv-out as a primary display, the borders of the tft display go unussefull.
How can i solve it? does anyone know? where can i find the latest drivers of ati 9000 for notebook?
thanx all & sorry about my english