some bugs/annoyances and remarks

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
hendrik_

Post by hendrik_ »

Hello all :)

I've fone my first gig this friday with Resolume and all went OK except for a few minor annoyances for which it would be sweet if thy got solved.

1. stability. The program crached twice during the show, it stopped responding. I am using a Laptop 2,5 Ghz, Geforce 4 420 MXwith dual head. The problem arose with one particular deck I loaded, so it seems to be a problem related to the clips I loaded in that deck. There were different clips, some legacy ones, avi, Indeo 5 with a 320x240 resolution, some Indeo 5 Full PAL resolution, some mov files and some flash files. It hung ech time I triggered a particular clip, which was low resolution. Are there any rules for mixing content of different resolutions?

2. The dock command; each time I crashed I had to return to desktop, restart resolume and activate dual screen, set the outpit options. This is easily done on my lapton screen so no worries, but in order to play smoothly you must activate full screen by roght clicking. This appears of course on the projector screen and is a bit annoying. It would be nioce if you had a shortcut to * dock the preview, put it on the second screen and vlow it up full screen automatically

3. I find the effects good but there are not easy to manage. It would be nice maybe to have collapsable folders of effects which maybe could be organiozed yourself, so you could have a folder with your most used effects and thats it. Lots of effects I dont use cause they dont go very well with the kind of music I am playing visuals with

4. I get strange flickering when a clip is played (with no other clips activated) at full PAL resolution at normal framerate 25 fps

The flickering (in lower half of the image) dissapears when I add another clip to the second layer or when I alter the speed of the clip.

Actually this renders a very nice effect which goes well with electronic music but I do think it is a small bug :)

thats it from my memory, it was a great gig otherwise, I really love the software and these annoyances are well intended and only to improve the program, hopefully in a positive constructive way

cheers

hendrik

chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

re #2: you can go full screen by using keyboard shortcuts...
ctrl-alt-m or ctrl-alt-enter
if i remember right off the top of my head

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

1: we work on stability all the time, we will try to get it better, but i think it's pretty stable.
2:
undock and dock : ctrl+alt+d
choose screen: ctrl+alt+1..2..3 etc...
toggle fullscreen: ctrl+alt+m
you don't have to use the mouse at all...except when changing the output resolution of course...
3: yes we are working on this, in the next version you will have more control over the effects
4: i will look into this, i haven's seen this problem yet...what configuration do you use?

we are allways open to bug reports, suggestions etc...the more the better, try to find not too many bugs though ;-)

hendrik_

Post by hendrik_ »

edwin

1 stability, I think i found out on this discussion board what causes the stability problems, it's most probabaly the mixed up decks, I used image sequences and they are not very well accepted. See other poston the dicussion forum

2; Thanx I should have realised there was a shortcut:

3: great!

4. OK I am using a NEC portable: gforce 4 MX 440 twin heads; 256 MB Ram; 2.6 Ghz; USB 2.0 external HDD (Ultra ATA 100 - 80 GB)

the clips are encoded Indeo 5 (The XP version of Ligos), keyframe every second; datarate < 1000 KBps

I assume the problems are related to the encoding cause it appears also on my test machine at home which is a video editing machine; dual athlon 1800XP; 512 MB RAM: Geforce 4 4200Ti;UltraATA100 HDD

Like said, no problems when I put addicitonal clips in 2nd or 3rd bin, only when one single clip is played in one bin, no matter if its 1,2 or 3

It dissapears when I put framerate to 17 or 18 fps or add additional clips to higher layers

hendrik