Kid Meets Cougar meets Technology

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Kid Meets Cougar meets Technology

Post by Joris »

The following info arrived on our virtual doorstep a while back, and our hearts simply melted:
Cyber-Hermits, Guilt, & How We Built Our New Live Show:
Musicians, programmers, mappers, visual artists, and all of you other wonderful creative people of the internet, I have a confession to make. Over the last few years I have been silently climbing in your forums and snatching your knowledge up, trying to collect and hoard all of the pieces we needed to make our new live projection mapped show possible.

Fortunately, we were able to make it happen with the power of the almighty internet, the passionate communities of creative/supportive people that it connects, and your free web-wisdom.

Here’s the thing that has been bugging me though: I visit a bunch of sites on a daily basis (I owe a lot especially to the forums/blogs at Resolume, Create Digital Music & Motion, Kineme, and 1024 Architecture) but I hardly ever leave a comment, ask a question, or share anything in return. Shame on me.

In an attempt to shed some of the guilt that comes with being a thieving, greedy, info hoarding, good-for-nothin’ cyber-hermit, I decided to give a little back and put together a geek-tasticly detailed overview of how we ended up connecting and operating our new show.

Here’s a picture of our video pipeline to give you a taste:
KMCsVideoSetup.jpg
KMCsVideoSetup.jpg (121.61 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
And you can read the original Google Doc in it’s full glory here.

Though we love playing with technology, the most important part of this project from the beginning was to create a show that visually enhanced the music in a way that created a seamless and intensified emotional experience for our audience without feeling forced (i.e., projection mapped visuals for the sake of projection mapped visuals). We wanted to make something really unique, impactful, and interesting to experience. I think we've done a pretty good job so far, but it'll get better as we continue to learn and create.

Okay, so now that I’ve fully confessed and made a small payment on my debt… I beg you, please have mercy on me and don’t take my internet connection away. I promise to be a contributing member of the interweb from here on out!

Forever yours,
Brett
Check out Brett and Courtney's website for soothing tunes and great videos. And a cat. And a robot. http://www.kidmeetscougar.com/

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Kid Meets Cougar meets Technology

Post by cosmowe »

Outstanding!!!
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar