Winning entry diesel-u-music VJ award

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

what's the point in putting other artists down on forums just because you don't like their work
I don't get this mindset where it's 'bad form' to criticise other peoples work and that you should only go around congratulating everyone for fear of causing offence. You should either learn to learn from criticism or ignore it.

You didn't have to enter the comp to be entitled to have an opinion on the work, or even be a VJ for that matter. More importantly, it's not piss-taking we're talking about here, but genuine responses to the work.

If you can't stand criticism, don't do anything creative - and to Inside Us All's credit they could, and defended their work without going 'how dare you criticise us'

No offence I just think you're wrong there

Anonymous

Original material?????

Post by Anonymous »

Rules and regulations at the bottom of the aplication..........

2. Your entry must be of original material

http://www.diesel-u-music.com/UKEntryForm.pdf

so does ripping off a film pass as original material???

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Originally posted by Anonymous

Why not stand up for yourself, get yourself counted and actually enter these things?

Did anyone else see all the other entries before deciding the work by Inside Us All is not that great by their standards?

Anyway, point over... :)

Cheers
Graham
Where can we see these other entries this is the first year none have been posted on the web? Last year vj's.net put a selection up on their site.

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

Originally posted by Anonymous
Rules and regulations at the bottom of the aplication..........

2. Your entry must be of original material

http://www.diesel-u-music.com/UKEntryForm.pdf

so does ripping off a film pass as original material???
If that's the case how on earth did this win?

The rule is a bit ambiguous however...
2. Your entry must be of original material and no longer than six (6) minutes in duration per track (unless entering the DJ & VJ genres) with a maximum of three
(3) tracks
It's not clear whether you're excused from having to use original music and/or video OR excused form the 6 minute restriction (OR both). Confusing to say the least.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think the work was good and I'd like to know if they had seen Carlos Rodriguez's "A SYMPHONY IN IMAGES" http://www.sidff.org/symphony.html as they did use a lot of similar clips. If people didn't have different tastes the world would be a very boring place.

Vj Jim

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i still think the hole thing is a ripe off!!!

the vj is not an artist....