Welcome to Wire!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
VjCtrldChaos
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Welcome to Wire!

Post by VjCtrldChaos »

Nice keen to dig into this and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Would be super nice down the road to see Touch Engine or Notch block playback support inside Wire, But it looks pretty solid the way it is!

Marchie

VjCtrldChaos

Post by VjCtrldChaos »

Did I just see a "Don't SHAVE" dialog pop up sneakily instead of "Don't Save" when switching scenes? if so that is brilliant as it didn't pop up again when I tried to recreate it.

stijnfrishert
Team Resolume

Post by stijnfrishert »

VjCtrldChaos wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 20:17 Did I just see a "Don't SHAVE" dialog pop up sneakily instead of "Don't Save" when switching scenes? if so that is brilliant as it didn't pop up again when I tried to recreate it.
Maaaaaybe? ;)

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Colin Newman fan here. 8-)

VjCtrldChaos

Post by VjCtrldChaos »

It's pretty intuitive once you figure out what some of the nodes are named (took me a while to find the "Pack" node was required to make vector 3s) but that's probably from me jumping in without reading the manual.
The only quality of life improvement I'd love to see based on my quick noodling around, is when you drag off an input/output to create a new node, that the text search also pops up along with the Node Library dialog. Kinda of like when we currently double click in the node graph.

stijnfrishert
Team Resolume

Post by stijnfrishert »

francoe wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 22:34 Colin Newman fan here. 8-)
Had never heard of him, but that's nice! They should do our official theme song ;)
What's more, he's in a band called Githead now and we use git for our source code version control.
VjCtrldChaos wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 23:58 It's pretty intuitive once you figure out what some of the nodes are named (took me a while to find the "Pack" node was required to make vector 3s) but that's probably from me jumping in without reading the manual.
The only quality of life improvement I'd love to see based on my quick noodling around, is when you drag off an input/output to create a new node, that the text search also pops up along with the Node Library dialog. Kinda of like when we currently double click in the node graph.
Yeah, I guess that comes with learning any new language, we hope the tutorials and in-app documentation provide enough to find most of what you need.

I totally see what you're proposing, I think we've already got an issue in our tracker that describes such a feature. Good to know there's more interest in it. :)

i.m.klif

Post by i.m.klif »

Would it be possible to have few patches open at the same time? Being a MaxMSP user, I find this functionality essential - it allows quick cut and paste from different patches, without doing open and close several times.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

i.m.klif wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:16 Would it be possible to have few patches open at the same time? Being a MaxMSP user, I find this functionality essential - it allows quick cut and paste from different patches, without doing open and close several times.
No it's not yet possible to have multiple patches open. We'd like to add tabs to the Wire editor in the future.

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

Would it be possible to add VS code as the default editor for shaders, the current Wire text editor has no view options, on a 4K screen its really small :)
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hive8 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 01:41 Would it be possible to add VS code as the default editor for shaders, the current Wire text editor has no view options, on a 4K screen its really small
We were just discussing this today as creating a full-blown shader editor is quite a task on itself. Utilising an editor like VS Code will be very useful. A.t.m you can already use the VS Code editor as the Shaders are just files on your disk, Wire monitors changes in the file and pick up changes immediately.
Check the Resources, select your ISF shader and click on the folder icon. It will reveal the ISF shader file on disk. Open en Edit it in VS Code, when you press save the changes will be picked up by Wire.
ISFEdit.png
In the future we want to see if we can make this process more user friendly.