AVerMedia Card compatibility fix and a workaround

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Westwood
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

AVerMedia Card compatibility fix and a workaround

Post by Westwood »

AverMedia makes lots of low cost capture cards and frame grabbers, but can have dubious compatibility with Resolume. I have the c127 model frame grabber and it does not work with Resolume. The issue seems to stem from being unable to set the input resolution, fps, and color subsampling within Resolume.
In resolume you can access what I think is the VfwCaptureDialog_Display dialog under the VfwCaptureDialogs, by clicking the “settings” button under the devices property panel. But Resolume does not have a way to access the VfwCaptureDialog_Format or VfwCaptureDialog_Source dialog box.

Fix: Add 2 more buttons next to the “settings” button in the devices property panel that access the VfwCaptureDialog_Format and the VfwCaptureDialog_Source dialog

Workaround: In the meantime what the user can do is use a virtual VFW device. They will usually be something that will allow multiple programs to access the same DirectShow device through the use of virtual devices. E2eSoft VCam is an example of such software. Open the software select the AVerMedia card, set the format to what your input device is (laptop for me so: 1024x768; 60fps; YUY2 Color space) It works quite well, only a 2 to 3 frame lag. I am sure there are other free/opensource examples out there.

flux
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: AVerMedia Card compatibility fix and a workaround

Post by flux »

i have exactly the same problem! would be great if this would be fixed soon. thanks for the workaround!!